What are some common misconceptions about physics for beginners?

• Thread starter NCC-1701
  • Start date
In summary, some common misconceptions about physics for beginners include the belief that it is only for geniuses or requires advanced math skills, that it is only relevant for theoretical concepts and not practical applications, and that it is a fixed set of laws that cannot be challenged or changed. However, physics is a diverse and accessible field that can be understood by anyone with curiosity and basic mathematical knowledge, and it constantly evolves with new discoveries and advancements in technology. Additionally, physics has many real-world applications in fields such as engineering, medicine, and technology. It is a dynamic and exciting subject that welcomes questioning and challenging of established theories.
NCC-1701
How did you find PF?
search engine
well since I've read start by introducing myself and not posting a question, I'll start by saying I've never had taken a physics class in any school and I'm 57 now I do enjoy different aspects of it, I tinker with some model testing some promising some failed, but always learning from both. I'm presently working on a different project that I would say deals with pneumatic , vacuums, hydraulics , mechanical etc... but I'm unsure of some simple stuff that I think has a simple understanding but I just can't be sure without asking someone else.
I'll start a thread next concerning pic I uploaded.

Attachments

• pressure-Copy.jpg
    pressure-Copy.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 9
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum