What are some suitable topics for a paper about physics?

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding a topic for a paper on physics. The individual is looking for suggestions and mentions being interested in something related to daily life. Several suggestions are given, including E&M and total internal reflection. It is also recommended to check out issues of Scientific American for potential topics.
XodoX
Hello,

I need to write a paper about physics and I hvae no idea at all what I could write about. Just about a topic related to physics. Could be based on an article, a book, video etc.

I was going to write about an interesting article about physics , but I can't find anything :frown:

I hope somebody can help me!

Physics news on Phys.org
Physics, is so very broad, do you have a specific area of interest?

Like, quantum mechanics (which is itself broad), or E&M, or classical mechanics, or fluid mechanics, or ...etc.

Matterwave said:
Physics, is so very broad, do you have a specific area of interest?

Like, quantum mechanics (which is itself broad), or E&M, or classical mechanics, or fluid mechanics, or ...etc.

No, I don't. Maybe something that affects our daily life. But I still can't think of something.

Uh, E&M is probably the area of physics with most current applications. It is the basis for all electronics.

Total internal reflection is pretty interesting to me, it is the basis of our fibre optics communications.

Maybe something simple and applied like Inverse Square Law for Photographers?
http://www.geofflawrence.com/photography_tutorial_inverse_square_law.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
What grade level is this for? Suitable topics could be very different depending whether it's for 8th grade, high school, or a college freshman physics course.

That being said, taking a look at several issues of Scientific American might provide good ideas. Your town's public library may have the past 6 months to 1 year of issues available.

Related to What are some suitable topics for a paper about physics?

1. What is the purpose of a paper about physics?

The purpose of a paper about physics is to present findings, theories, or experiments related to the study of the natural world and its fundamental laws and principles.

2. How do you conduct research for a paper about physics?

Research for a paper about physics typically involves reading scientific literature, conducting experiments, and analyzing data to support a hypothesis or answer a research question.

3. What are some common topics covered in a paper about physics?

Some common topics covered in a paper about physics include mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, and relativity.

4. How do you structure a paper about physics?

A paper about physics typically follows a standard structure, including an introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion. It may also include figures, tables, and equations to support the findings.

5. How do you ensure the accuracy and validity of a paper about physics?

To ensure accuracy and validity, a paper about physics should be peer-reviewed by other experts in the field, use reliable sources, and provide clear and transparent methods for data collection and analysis.