What are the challenges of teaching physics during COVID in Upstate NY?

• Thread starter Linda Wicks
  • Start date
In summary, teaching physics during COVID in Upstate NY has presented numerous challenges for educators. Aside from the shift to online learning and virtual instruction, teachers have also had to adapt to new safety protocols and limitations on hands-on experiments and demonstrations. Additionally, students have faced difficulties in accessing necessary technology and resources, and the disruption of their usual learning environment has affected their engagement and motivation. Despite these challenges, many teachers have found innovative ways to continue teaching physics and ensure students are still able to learn and understand complex concepts.
Linda Wicks
How did you find PF?
Google search
Hi - I've been teaching physics & other sciences in public & private middle & high schools in Upstate NY for a total of 12 years, with a big break in the middle where I stayed home with my young kids. Looking for interesting & informative discussions of the NYSSLS, pegagogy & teaching in the time of COVID.

Likes PeroK and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. Be sure to check out our Educators and Teaching forum, if you haven't already. :smile: