What are the top subjects for a mechanical engineering student?

• Thread starter Satsumaage
  • Start date
In summary, the top subjects for a mechanical engineering student include mathematics, physics, mechanics, thermodynamics, materials science, and computer-aided design (CAD). These subjects provide a strong foundation for understanding the principles and theories of mechanical engineering and are essential for success in the field. Additionally, courses in manufacturing processes, fluid mechanics, and control systems are also important for a well-rounded education in mechanical engineering. Practical experience through internships or co-op programs can also greatly enhance a student's understanding and application of these subjects in real-world situations.
Satsumaage
I'm currently in 2nd year of 6th form at an English school, I do physics, maths and chemistry and I'm hoping to get into Surrey Uni next year doing mechanical engineering so I'm hoping I might get some help with my subjects - also I plan to do some productive procrastination. I enjoy thermodynamics, mechanics and most of all engines (steam/car/nuclear reactor) :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile: