What Are the Topical Interests of a Scientist?

• Thread starter Kyle Gonterwitz
  • Start date
In summary, the topical interests of a scientist include a deep curiosity and passion for their field of study, a drive to discover and uncover new knowledge, and a commitment to following the scientific method in their research. They also prioritize collaboration and communication with other scientists and the general public, as well as staying up-to-date on advancements in technology and techniques in their field. Overall, a scientist's interests revolve around making new discoveries and furthering the understanding of the world around us.
Kyle Gonterwitz
Hi Everyone, I'm the latest new guy for now. I like and am interested in:
  • Transportation Engineering and Temporal Linear Referencing and Geo-spatial Information
  • Python, AI and GIS/Spatial Databases
  • Aerospace Engineering and all things aviation related
  • Experimental Aircraft Association and thinking about flying and building cool airplanes
  • Electrical Engineering and the Energy Grid of the future - planning, regulations, markets, generation, transmission, distribution, and storage
  • Water Resources Engineering and floodplain modeling
  • Electric Vehicle and Connected Vehicle technology
  • Application Development and Database Design
  • Data collection, processing, and visualization
  • IT project management
  • Geohydrology and environmental remediation
  • Physics!

Likes Wrichik Basu and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
You have quite a lot of interests, I must say!

Just to make sure we can help you as much as possible, make sure you know about the three main sections in PF:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.

2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.

3. The videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

I assure you that you will have a great time here.

With regards,
Wrichik.