What Can a Physics Major Learn About Electricity and Magnetism?

• Thread starter Stirling Carter
  • Start date
In summary, a physics major can learn about electricity and magnetism through studying the fundamental principles and laws that govern these phenomena. This includes understanding the relationship between electric and magnetic fields, as well as how they interact with charges and currents. They can also learn about the various properties and behaviors of electric and magnetic fields, such as induction, capacitance, and permeability. Additionally, a physics major can gain practical knowledge and skills in applying these concepts to real-world situations, such as designing and analyzing electrical circuits and devices. Overall, studying electricity and magnetism as a physics major provides a deep understanding of these fundamental forces and their crucial role in our everyday lives.
Stirling Carter
Hey PF, I'm a physics major at Vanderbilt University studying basic Electricity and Magnetism. I love physics because it offers me a deeper understanding of my surroundings, and the problem solving is probably good for me too. I hope to take my studies to space as an astronaut, or maybe research here on Earth in the future.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Likes Stirling Carter