What Career Paths are Available in Aerospace for Aspiring Scientists?

• Thread starter Maroc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aerospace
In summary, as a grade 11 student, you have confirmed your dreams of pursuing a career in aerospace. There are many different career options available in this field, ranging from support engineer to astronaut. Aerospace engineering covers a wide range of topics including aerodynamics, fluid dynamics, flight dynamics, propulsion, structural analysis, and astrodynamics. Companies in this industry are constantly hiring for various positions, such as structural analysts, flight test engineers, and engineers working on military space systems. Becoming an aerospace engineer would give you the opportunity to design and construct aircraft and spacecraft. Ultimately, your career path in this field will depend on your specific interests within the realm of space.
Maroc
Gold Member
I am a grade 11 student and really and acutally confirmed my dreams that i will be something in aerospace..but what careers can i get?

i really like space. Incase that helps a bit.

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
The sky is the limit. :)

A lot, you can be anything from a support engineer to an astronaut. Cyrus said it best :D

Aerospace engineering is a surprisingly broad field. It encompasses topics such as aerodynamics, fluid dynamics, flight dynamics, propulsion, structural statics/dynamics, and astrodynamics. There are jobs in all of those fields. Just to give you an example, one of the aerospace companies in my area has been hiring engineers to do structural analysis on the 787 Dreamliner. Another company is looking for flight test engineers to work on unmanned aerial vehicles. Yet another company has been recruiting engineers to work on military space systems such as satellites and missile defense.

wow thanks guys..and brian that's some neat stuff u have around u

Cyrus said:
The sky is the limit. :)
http://www.turkishforums.net/TCM//images/smilies/rimshot.gif

:biggrin:

Aerospace engineering would be sweet!
If you become one you'll be the one behind the design
and construction of an aircraft and spacecraft , right?

dyosa said:
Aerospace engineering would be sweet!
If you become one you'll be the one behind the design
and construction of an aircraft and spacecraft , right?

You could be! :approve:

It all depends on specifically what you like about space!

Related to What Career Paths are Available in Aerospace for Aspiring Scientists?

What can I do with Aerospace?

There are many career options in the field of Aerospace, including: aerospace engineer, aircraft mechanic, pilot, aerospace technician, and aerospace scientist.

What skills do I need for a career in Aerospace?

Some of the key skills needed for a career in Aerospace include: strong mathematical and analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, technical knowledge, and communication skills.

What education is required for a career in Aerospace?

Most careers in Aerospace require at least a bachelor's degree in a related field such as engineering, physics, or mathematics. Some positions may require a master's degree or higher.

What industries can I work in with an Aerospace degree?

Aerospace graduates can work in a variety of industries including: commercial aviation, defense and military, space exploration, and research and development.

What is the salary potential in the Aerospace industry?

The salary for a career in Aerospace can vary depending on the specific job and industry, but on average, it is a well-paying field with opportunities for growth. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for aerospace engineers was $116,500 in May 2020.