What do you think of this fall quarter schedule?

In summary, the speaker is a senior double majoring in mathematics and economics. Their fall schedule includes Topology, Game Theory, and Poverty/Public Policy, with the possibility of adding Algebraic Geometry as a fourth class. They are seeking advice on the challenging courses and considering speaking to their professor or department chair for more information. They also plan to utilize resources to support their learning.
math34
So I am going to be a senior this fall
double majoring it mathematics and economics

right now my schedule is for the fall is:

Topology (5 units)
Game Theory (5 units)
Poverty/Public Policy (5 units)

and most likely going to be grading for vector calculus or number theory.

I really want to add Algebraic Geometry (5 units) as a fourth class as it has never been offered at our school and I won't have another chance to take it. What do you think of that new schedule? Any advice on algebraic geometry and topology as I hear they are challenging classes, but I have only experience in Differential Geo. (which I really enjoyed last quarter). Any input helps!

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
for your question! Algebraic geometry and topology are both challenging classes, but if you have taken differential geometry then you should have a good foundation for the material covered in those courses. It sounds like you're interested in taking algebraic geometry so I think it would be a great addition to your fall schedule. You should consider speaking to your professor or the department chair to see what kind of topics will be covered in the class and whether or not it is a good fit for your academic goals. Additionally, you should also look into the resources available to you for the class such as tutoring, study groups, or even online materials that can help you better understand the material. Good luck with your studies!

Related to What do you think of this fall quarter schedule?

What is the structure of the fall quarter schedule?

The fall quarter schedule typically consists of 10-12 weeks of classes, with each week having several class periods or lectures. It also includes designated breaks for holidays and exams.

How many credits should I take during the fall quarter?

The number of credits you should take during the fall quarter depends on your individual academic goals and workload. It is recommended to take between 12-18 credits, but it is important to consult with your advisor before making a decision.

Are there any important deadlines I should be aware of?

Yes, there are several important deadlines to keep in mind during the fall quarter. These may include add/drop deadlines, tuition payment deadlines, and exam dates. It is important to stay organized and keep track of these deadlines to avoid any complications.

Can I make changes to my fall quarter schedule?

Yes, you can make changes to your fall quarter schedule by adding or dropping classes within the designated deadlines. However, it is important to consider the potential impact on your academic progress and consult with your advisor before making any changes.

What resources are available to help me succeed during the fall quarter?

There are various resources available to help you succeed during the fall quarter. These may include tutoring services, study groups, academic advisors, and counseling services. It is important to utilize these resources and seek help when needed to ensure academic success.