What inspired me to pursue a career in Physics?

In summary, my passion for understanding the fundamental workings of the universe and my fascination with the laws of nature, such as gravity and electromagnetism, inspired me to pursue a career in physics. The curiosity and excitement of exploring the unknown and pushing the boundaries of human knowledge drives my desire to study and research in this field. Additionally, the potential to make groundbreaking discoveries and contribute to advancements in technology and society further motivated me to pursue a career in physics.
ARoyC
How did you find PF?
My father, a physics teacher in a high school, has been holding an account in PF for ages. Previously I went through new threads and articles from his account. Now, after getting admitted into a college, I have created one of my own.
Namashkar everyone.

This is Annwoy Roy Choudhury from Kolkata, West Bengal, India. I am a first-year student at the Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy, Visakhapatnam Chemical Engineering under the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. As everything got delayed here because of the pandemic, my classes haven't been started yet.

I love Physics, thanks to my father who exposed me to different areas of science from my very childhood. I long to be a Physicist one day and be a teacher in a college and a researcher. I believe that spreading and sharing everything that I know is my duty as a human being. Also, in the future, I long to do something in the education and healthcare sector to help the underprivileged poor people of India as well as the world.

My hobbies include reading fiction and non-fiction, writing literature, listening to the music of different genres from across the globe, singing, photography, bird-watching and watching movies of different parts of the world (especially classics starting from the 1900s to today).

Hope to learn a lot from you amazing people!

Sincere regards

Annwoy

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Annwoy, it's great to have you here! :smile:

Likes ARoyC
Update:

I studied Engineering for a year, but I found out that it doesn't suit me. Hence, I shifted to Physics. Now I am pursuing Integrated BS-MS (5 Years) in Physics (with a minor in Data Science) at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali. I have completed my first-year studies. Currently, I am doing a summer internship in Quantum Information and Quantum Computing at the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata. I hope that I will be able to build a career in research and teaching in Physics.

Thank you.

Regards

Annwoy

Likes berkeman