What is Cosmology? An Introduction for the Curious Mind

• Thread starter Jay B
  • Start date
In summary, cosmology is the study of the origin, evolution, and structure of the universe as a whole. It combines principles from physics, astronomy, and mathematics to understand the fundamental laws that govern the cosmos. Cosmologists use observations and theoretical models to explore topics such as the Big Bang, dark matter, and the expansion of the universe. They also seek to answer questions about the ultimate fate of the universe and the possibility of other universes beyond our own. Cosmology is a fascinating and constantly evolving field that continues to push the boundaries of our understanding of the universe.
Jay B
How did you find PF?
Google search
HI everyone, I'm new to the forum and want to introduce myself. My name is Jay, I have a very amateur level of understanding of physics and cosmology (undergrad courses in physics and astronomy). I've been looking for a place to ask physics questions and learn more, I've had a passion for cosmology ever since my dad took me to see "A Brief History of Time" as a kid. I'm looking forward to learning a lot.

Jay

Likes berkeman and pinball1970
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Jay, :welcome:!

Have fun and stay curious!

Likes Jay B