What is the universe expanding into?

In summary, the universe is expanding due to Hubble's constant and the evidence supports this. However, physicists do not suggest that the universe is expanding into anything, as it is constantly expanding and does not have a boundary or endpoint. Other threads may have more information on this topic for further reading.
ojsimon
Hi

I understand that the universe is expanding due to hubble's constant and the proof that this can show that the universe is expanding, i just would like to know what physicists suggest the universe is expanding into?

Thanks

Astronomy news on Phys.org
ojsimon said:
Hi

I understand that the universe is expanding due to hubble's constant and the proof that this can show that the universe is expanding, i just would like to know what physicists suggest the universe is expanding into?

Thanks

It is not expanding into anything at all. There are many threads on this topic already.

Sorry if there are other threads on it i didn't think to do a search before, sorry.

ojsimon said:
Sorry if there are other threads on it i didn't think to do a search before, sorry.

That's quite all right. I just figured it would be more content for you to read than a few lines in a post.

Related to What is the universe expanding into?

What is the universe expanding into?

The universe is not expanding into anything. It is expanding within itself.

Is there an edge or boundary to the universe?

The current scientific understanding is that the universe is infinite and has no edge or boundary. It is constantly expanding and has no specific endpoint.

What is the role of dark energy in the expansion of the universe?

Dark energy is the hypothetical force that is believed to be causing the expansion of the universe to accelerate. It is thought to make up about 70% of the total energy in the universe.

Will the expansion of the universe ever stop or reverse?

Based on current observations and models, it is believed that the expansion of the universe will continue indefinitely and will not reverse or stop. However, new discoveries and theories could potentially change this understanding.

Can the expansion of the universe be observed directly?

The expansion of the universe cannot be observed directly, but it can be measured through various methods such as studying the redshift of galaxies and the cosmic microwave background radiation.