What sparked my interest in science and led me to join this community?

• Thread starter The Un-Observer
  • Start date
The Un-Observer
Hey, new here. Fail to come up with a quick screenname attempt to be clever but running out of time I chose this. Immediately afterward I had a better idea for a screenname. Ah well, is what happens.

I've mostly been into philosophy studies growing up, and I'm currently 18, escaped a drug addiction, for the most part I didn't get sucked into the event horizon of nihilism, and I am on my way to exploring the sciences more due to realizing how much there is I don't know.

I always had been interested in science but never felt encouraged to actually go in depth with the subject. That is until reading up on spacetime, general relativity, spatial & temporal dimensions, and the such. These things are very interesting and researched these subjects heavily (not anything pro, probably average, great for me :D ). I had many questions relating to it, most of them being odd I googled them, and many of them were asked on this forum. The community seems attractive as do the discussions held here.

So expect me to be more of a learner than a sharer, and more than that a regular guy excited to join yet another community over the likes of the internet, not much of that in the quiet part of Iowa!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF @The Un-Observer.

The Un-Observer said:
Fail to come up with a quick screenname attempt to be clever but running out of time I chose this. Immediately afterward I had a better idea for a screenname.

I think @Greg Bernhardt might change the nickname for you, if you ask him. If you really want your username changed, try PMing him.

The Un-Observer said:
Immediately afterward I had a better idea for a screenname.
Welcome! What would you like your name to be changed to?

Welcome to PF! Tell us, what's your favorite fish?