What sparked this scientist's professional cycling career?

• Thread starter Newsome
  • Start date
In summary, this scientist's professional cycling career was sparked by his love for the sport and his determination to excel in both his academic and athletic pursuits. He was inspired by the discipline and perseverance required in cycling, and found that it complemented his scientific background in terms of data analysis and physical training. Additionally, his passion for cycling allowed him to find a balance between his work in the lab and his time on the bike, ultimately leading to a successful and fulfilling career in both fields.
Newsome
Hello everyone,
I am john.
Growing up I competed in a variety of sports, but long before I ever thought about throwing a leg over a bicycle to race one, I loved riding my bike more than anything else. After school, on the weekends, or at the motorcycle races where my parents competed, if you were looking for my brother and I, chances are you'd find us on our bikes.

My desire for competition, combined with my love of cycling, propelled me towards a career as a professional cyclist. I raced road bicycles competitively for 11 years, racing professionally in Europe and America.

Physics news on Phys.org
Really? Have you ever made it to one of the big three? :wink: Or what about the classics?

yes! may be one :D

Likes ProfuselyQuarky