Where can I find information on torque?

In summary, the person is seeking advice on where to find information and study materials for torque, as they were absent from class and have a test on torque and springs coming up. They are open to any additional help or clarification.
aeroengphys
I don't actually need help with homework, but rather some advice. I'm in AP Physics B and we just finished learning torque. My teacher covered torque in just under two days and moved on to springs. Unfortunately, I was absent the first day, so I'm pretty rusty at torque. Does anyone know of a good site where I can find information on torque, and possible a study-guide/review questions? I have a test on torque and springs friday, and i'd like to brush up on torques in time for the test. Thanks in advance.

Larry

Physics news on Phys.org
You should be able to find everything you need by doing some simple google searches. If there's something specific you're not sure about, or if you need any explanation, just shout out loud. :wink:

, thank you for reaching out for advice. I highly recommend utilizing reputable online resources such as Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and HyperPhysics. These websites provide comprehensive explanations and examples of torque, as well as practice problems and study guides. Additionally, your textbook or class notes may also serve as helpful resources. It is important to thoroughly review and understand the concept of torque before moving on to other topics, so I would suggest allocating enough time to study and practice problems. Best of luck on your test!

Related to Where can I find information on torque?

1. What is torque and why is it important?

Torque is a measure of the rotational force applied to an object. It is important because it helps us understand how objects move and rotate, and is essential in many fields of science and engineering such as mechanics, physics, and automotive design.

2. Where can I find a definition of torque?

A simple definition of torque can be found in many scientific dictionaries or online resources. For a more detailed explanation, you can refer to textbooks on mechanics or physics, or consult with a physics expert.

3. How is torque calculated?

Torque is calculated by multiplying the force applied to an object by the distance from the point of rotation to the point where the force is applied. The formula for torque is: T = F x r, where T is torque, F is force, and r is the distance from the point of rotation.

4. Can you provide real-life examples of torque?

Some common examples of torque in everyday life include opening a door, tightening a bolt with a wrench, or pedaling a bicycle. In more advanced applications, torque is used to measure the power output of engines or to control the movement of robots and machinery.

5. Are there any online resources for learning more about torque?

Yes, there are many online resources that provide information on torque, including educational websites, video tutorials, and interactive simulations. You can also find research articles and scholarly papers on specific applications of torque in various scientific fields.