Where Can I Find Videos to Learn Basic Chemistry?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for videos to help them learn the basics of Chemistry for their upcoming class, CHEM 3A at Fresno State. They prefer videos over reading and are hoping to find resources to help them ACE the class. They have already tried searching online but have not found any videos, so they are seeking recommendations from the group. The recommended resource is MIT's open courseware site, which offers videos for various chemistry courses.
baylin
Hi Guys,

I wanted to know if there are videos available to watch and learn the basics of Chemistry. It has been a while (high school) and I am in college now.

I am taking "Chem 3A" at Fresno State (CSUF):

"CHEM 3A. Introductory General Chemistry (4)
Prerequisite: G.E. Foundation B4 (except for students with declared major in the College of Science and Mathematics). No credit for CHEM 3A after 1A. High school chemistry or CHEM 15R recommended. For applied science and nonscience majors. Composition of matter and physical and chemical changes; fundamental laws and principles; atomic and molecular structure; acid-base theory, redox and equilibria; qualitative and quantitative theory and techniques. G.E. Breadth B1.* (Course fee, $10) FS"

cited: http://www.csufresno.edu/catoffice/current/chemcrs.html

And I wanted a head start in the class. Not only that, but I also wanted to be better prepared and hopefully ACE (receive and "A") the class. I know that I can read the course book before hand, but I really like videos better. Makes more sense to me to visually see it being done rather than having to read. Reading Chem books to me is like reading a History book...to tedious (no offense). I guess I am more of a visual learner.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Baylin

BTW, I tried the search feature here and on Google. Unfortunately I couldn't find any videos, therefore I had to come on here and bother you guys. Sorry.

Chemistry news on Phys.org

Related to Where Can I Find Videos to Learn Basic Chemistry?

1. Where can I find Chem Videos online?

There are many websites that offer Chem Videos, such as YouTube, Khan Academy, and Crash Course. You can also check with your school or university for any online resources they may provide.

2. Are there any free options for Chem Videos?

Yes, there are plenty of free options for Chem Videos online. YouTube and Khan Academy are both completely free to access, and many universities and organizations offer free resources as well.

3. Can I find Chem Videos specific to a certain topic or concept?

Yes, many websites and YouTube channels offer Chem Videos that are focused on specific topics or concepts. You can also search for specific keywords on these platforms to find relevant videos.

4. Are there any reliable sources for Chem Videos?

Yes, there are many reliable sources for Chem Videos. It is important to check the credibility of the source before using the videos for educational purposes. Look for videos from reputable organizations or individuals with a background in chemistry.

5. Can I access Chem Videos on my mobile device?

Yes, most websites and platforms that offer Chem Videos are accessible on mobile devices. Some may even have dedicated mobile apps for easier access. Check with the specific website or platform for their mobile accessibility options.