Where can I start to learn about physics and mathematics?

• Thread starter Filerist
  • Start date
In summary, if you are looking to learn about physics and mathematics, a good place to start would be by familiarizing yourself with the fundamental concepts and principles of both subjects. You can also explore online resources, such as educational websites and video tutorials, or enroll in a beginner's course at a local community college or university. It is important to practice regularly and seek help from teachers or tutors when needed to deepen your understanding and develop your skills in these subjects.
Filerist
Hello everyone.

I recently registered on this websites (obviously!). I'd like to tell some things about myself. Firstly, my name, I'm Dominykas. I am a student at LUHS (Lithuanian University of Health Sciences) currently studying medicine. Recently, I became fascinated with physics and mathematics (no experience with physics and only average with maths). The main reason I wanted to sign up to this website because a person on reddit recommened me it and I thought I might be able to atleast get a general/basic understanding of physics. If anyone has any tips or recommendations on what I should do to get a basic understanding or even push my knowledge further then I would greatly appreciate it. Aside from that I look forward to chatting and learning from everyone.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Dominykas! :smile:

Hello and :welcome: !

It is hard to tell where to start or what to read or what to ask. You could e.g. start reading a few of our insight articles. As there are around 400 or so by now, you will certainly find interesting ones. Usually they are somewhere in between what Wikipedia provides and what a textbook can. This means they are often more elaborated than Wikipedia but of course cannot replace textbooks.

If you won't understand what you are interested in, open a thread and ask. Maybe yourself can help us in the medical or chemical forums. Curiosity is half the way to knowledge! So stay curious and have fun.