Which Aerodynamics Journal is Best?

In summary, when deciding which journal to submit your article to in the field of Aeronautical Engineering, consider the scope, impact factor, reputation, submission process, and seek advice from other researchers. Other potential journals to look into include similar journals in the field and those that have published articles on similar topics. Your affiliation with a university may also be a factor to consider.
waealu
I am working on research in the field of Aeronautical Engineering. My article deals with flow separation over dimpled surfaces. I am looking to submit my article to a journal, but I don't know how to decide who to send it to. At the moment, I am trying to decide between the following journals: Physics of Fluids, Journal of Fluid Mechanics and AIAA Journal.

How should I decide who to submit the article to? Are there any other journals that I should look in to? Do any of these journals provide better benefits than others? (I am not yet associated with a university, so I can't ask them who to submit it to.) (If I would have to predict, I will probably be going to the Imperial College of London. Most of their articles go to AIAA. Does that matter?)

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
No offense, but don't you think that that topic has been pretty well covered? What are you coming up with that is any different than what has been done over the past 30+ years?

ASME has quite a few interdisciplinary journals. I would suggest any of them.

for reaching out for advice on your article submission! As a fellow forum user, I am not an expert in the field of Aeronautical Engineering, but I can offer some general tips on how to decide which journal to submit your article to.

First, consider the scope of your research and the audience you want to reach. Each journal may have a specific focus and readership, so you want to find the one that aligns best with your research topic. For example, Physics of Fluids may have a broader focus on fluid mechanics, while AIAA Journal may be more specialized in aerospace engineering.

Next, look at the impact factor of each journal. This measures the average number of citations a journal receives in a given year and can give you an idea of its influence and reach within the scientific community. Higher impact factor journals may have more visibility and credibility, but keep in mind that it can vary by field.

You can also consider the reputation and prestige of the journal. If you are aiming for a top-tier journal, you may want to submit to Journal of Fluid Mechanics, which is highly regarded in the field. However, it may also have a higher rejection rate.

In addition, do some research on the submission and publication process for each journal. Look at their guidelines and requirements, as well as their review and publication timelines. This can give you an idea of the potential benefits or drawbacks of submitting to each journal.

Finally, it may also be helpful to seek advice from other researchers or professors in your field. They may have experience with these journals and can offer valuable insights and recommendations.

As for other journals to consider, you can look at similar journals in the field or search for journals that have published articles on similar topics to yours. You can also use online databases or directories to find potential journals that may be a good fit for your research.

Regarding your affiliation with a university, it may not necessarily impact your decision on which journal to submit to. However, if you are planning to attend Imperial College of London, it may be beneficial to see which journals are commonly published by researchers at that institution.

I hope this helps guide your decision-making process. Best of luck with your article submission!

Related to Which Aerodynamics Journal is Best?

What factors should I consider when determining the best aerodynamics journal?

When determining the best aerodynamics journal, you should consider the journal's impact factor, reputation and credibility within the scientific community, frequency of publication, and its relevance to your specific research interests.

How do I find the impact factor of an aerodynamics journal?

The impact factor of a journal can typically be found on the journal's website or on a database such as Web of Science or Scopus. It is a measure of the average number of citations received by articles published in that journal over a specific period of time.

Are there any open-access aerodynamics journals?

Yes, there are several open-access aerodynamics journals that allow for free access to their articles. Some examples include Aerospace Science and Technology, International Journal of Aerodynamics, and Aerospace.

What are some reputable aerodynamics journals?

Some reputable aerodynamics journals include AIAA Journal, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Progress in Aerospace Sciences, and Journal of Aircraft. These journals have a long history of publishing high-quality research in the field of aerodynamics.

Do aerodynamics journals have a specific submission format?

Most aerodynamics journals have specific submission guidelines and formatting requirements that authors must follow. These guidelines can usually be found on the journal's website or in the instructions for authors section. It is important to carefully follow these guidelines to increase the chances of your manuscript being accepted for publication.