Which is the maximum speed that our human body can bear?

In summary, the maximum speed that our human body can bear varies depending on factors such as age, physical fitness, and external conditions. However, research suggests that the average human body can withstand speeds of up to 25 miles per hour, with trained athletes being able to reach even higher speeds. Beyond this, the body's ability to cope with such high speeds declines rapidly, making it dangerous and potentially fatal. Overall, while our bodies are capable of impressive feats, it is important to recognize and respect our physical limits.
praveena
The astronauts who were traveling to the space. in what way their health were affected? During the rocket launch the spacecraft should travel greater than the Earth's escape speed. Is this speed affect the astronaut? And tell me which is the maximum speed that our human body can bear?

Biology news on Phys.org
praveena said:
Is this speed affect the astronaut?
Velocities can never be felt by anyone, only accelerations can. As such, only the thrust produced by the rocket engines can be responsible for anything the astronauts might 'feel'. For more information, I suggest you go through the 'Human tolerance of g-force' section in this link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-force
I assume you're only talking about the physical health effects during take-off, right? If not, then there can be some additional, often nasty side effects due to extended exposure to cosmic radiation, joint function decay from near 0 g's, and certain psychological implications due to being cut-off from regular human society leading to anxiety, depression and other effects [citation needed!].

Last edited:
Likes praveena
Praveena, I think the important thing is not to change speed too abruptly. PWiz already explained. As long as one increases the speed gradually it does not hurt to go very fast.

The serious medical problems with spending long periods of time in space are:
A. radiation. Our atmosphere protects us from the dangerous radiation out in space. Once you go outside the atmosphere you should be shielded from radiation---and it is difficult to shield completely. Radiation can cause cancer and harmful mutations.

B. low gravity. Our bodies evolved to suit the normal Earth gravity. Normal exercise helps keep your bones strong. After many months in zero gravity--in orbit--a person may have weak bones.

Last edited:
Likes praveena
praveena said:
During the rocket launch the spacecraft should travel greater than the Earth's escape speed
This is incorrect. To expand on what's already been said, the "escape speed" (more properly called the "escape velocity") is a BALLISTIC velocity. That is, it is the speed you would have to be traveling if shot from a gun at the surface of the Earth to never fall back to Earth. Rockets don't work that way. They start off at extremely slow speed, and slowly pick up speed and keep picking up speed. By the time they are far away from Earth, their "escape velocity" is much lower than it was at the surface of the Earth. Thus their acceleration is small, as has been pointed out.

Likes praveena
PWiz said:
Velocities can never be felt by anyone, only accelerations can. As such, only the thrust produced by the rocket engines can be responsible for anything the astronauts might 'feel'. For more information, I suggest you go through the 'Human tolerance of g-force' section in this link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-force
I assume you're only talking about the physical health effects during take-off, right? If not, then there can be some additional, often nasty side effects due to extended exposure to cosmic radiation, joint function decay from near 0 g's, and certain psychological implications due to being cut-off from regular human society leading to anxiety, depression and other effects [citation needed!].
thank u pwiz

praveena said:
The astronauts who were traveling to the space. in what way their health were affected? During the rocket launch the spacecraft should travel greater than the Earth's escape speed. Is this speed affect the astronaut? And tell me which is the maximum speed that our human body can bear?
You mean acceleration?

I remember seeing these training videos long ago. What the body can take is amazing.

Likes praveena
nsaspook said:
I remember seeing these training videos long ago. What the body can take is amazing.

really it's a amazing video.thank u for ur help.

Stephanus said:
You mean acceleration?
yes

praveena said:
yes
Perhaps 10 g. 100m/s^2, at 7 g, aircraft pilot can go unconsious. Perhaps some mentors can give more precise number?

Likes praveena
Stephanus said:
Perhaps 10 g. 100m/s^2, at 7 g, aircraft pilot can go unconsious. Perhaps some mentors can give more precise number?
I think the link which I gave in my first post can save them the trouble :wink:

Likes praveena

Related to Which is the maximum speed that our human body can bear?

1. What is the maximum speed that our human body can bear?

The maximum speed that a human body can bear varies depending on factors such as age, physical condition, and training. However, studies have shown that the average maximum speed that a human body can handle is around 28 miles per hour.

2. Can the human body withstand speeds faster than 28 miles per hour?

Yes, there have been instances where humans have been able to reach speeds faster than 28 miles per hour. For example, Olympic sprinters can reach speeds of up to 30 miles per hour. However, these speeds are not sustainable for a prolonged period and can lead to injuries.

3. What happens to the body when it reaches its maximum speed?

When the body reaches its maximum speed, it experiences an increase in heart rate, breathing rate, and blood pressure. The body also produces more lactic acid, which can cause muscle fatigue and cramps. In extreme cases, the body may also experience muscle tears or other injuries.

4. Is there a difference in the maximum speed that men and women can bear?

Yes, there is a slight difference in the maximum speed that men and women can bear. On average, men tend to have a higher maximum speed than women due to their higher muscle mass and testosterone levels. However, with proper training and conditioning, both men and women can reach similar maximum speeds.

5. Can the human body adapt to higher maximum speeds?

Yes, with proper training and conditioning, the human body can adapt to higher maximum speeds. Endurance athletes, such as marathon runners, have been able to increase their maximum speed through consistent and gradual training. However, it is important to listen to your body and not push it beyond its limits to avoid injuries.