Who is Ivan and Why is He Excited to Join the Physics Forums?

• Thread starter Ivan92
  • Start date
In summary, Ivan is a new member of the Physics Forums community with a background in physics and a passion for learning and sharing knowledge. He is excited to join the forum as a platform for connecting with other scientists, discussing important topics in physics, and expanding his understanding of the subject. Ivan has a degree in physics, research experience in fields such as astrophysics and quantum mechanics, and teaching experience at the university level. He is interested in discussing various topics in physics, including current research, theories, and practical applications, as well as related fields like mathematics and engineering. To connect with Ivan on the Physics Forums, you can send him a private message, join discussions he is participating in, or follow his profile for updates on his posts and
Ivan92
Hey guys! Whats up? I have signed up for the forums back in April and haven't really been active in posting the forums. So before I start posting, I thought I would introduce myself to you guys. My name is Ivan and I will be attending California State University of Fullerton this coming fall (the first one in my family to attend a university :) ). I will be majoring in Computer Engineering. Science and technology has always interested me ever since I was a little kid. I came to appreciate and love math too. I have taken 2 college classes during my high school career (I wish I would have taken more...). One was during the summer of 2008 and it was College Algebra and the second was C++ programming during Spring of 2010. I'm like the math/science guy of my family and everyone comes to me for help with tech or other problems. I tutor my brothers for math if they need my assistance I tutor college students (which includes my older bro) with their from Pre-Algebra to College Algebra in hopes that they can be interested in math and want to go on to higher levels of math. I love to play different sports, whether it be soccer, basketball, football, tennis, etc. I am open to anything. I also love to play my guitar. I am a really kind, patient, chill guy. So that's pretty much some of who I am. I look forward to interacting with all of you in the Physics Forums. :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Ivan92! Congrats on being the first in your family to go to college :approve:, that's terrific. I hope you make good use of the forums, and that you enjoy it here.

Hi Ivan. Good name! :biggrin:

Hi Ivan92. Consider this problem:

A mathematician is an avid smoker, but a very peculiar one. He has the habit of always carrying two matchboxes with 100 matches each in both of his pockets and he randomly chooses a pocket to pick a match and light his cigarette with. What is the probability that, after he picks a matchbox and verifies it is empty, the other matchbox still contains n matches ([itex]0 \le n \le 100[/itex])?

Hullo and welcome, Ivan92.

Heh, computer engineering? You definitely picked the right subject for these days and ages.

Welcome, welcome.

Rock on, Ivan! :cool:

Welcome Ivan!

Welcome, Ivan. :smile:

I promise that if you'll hang around, you'll be deluged with good humor, information, conversation, and personalities. Also, PF is addicting - consider yourself warned. :wink:

Haha. Thank you for all the welcomes. I have been pretty addicted to this forum as my hunger for knowledge continues. :)

Related to Who is Ivan and Why is He Excited to Join the Physics Forums?

1. Who is Ivan?

Ivan is a new member of the Physics Forums community. He is a scientist with a background in physics and a passion for learning and sharing knowledge.

2. Why is Ivan excited to join the Physics Forums?

Ivan is excited to join the Physics Forums because he sees it as a valuable platform for connecting with other scientists, discussing important topics in physics, and expanding his understanding of the subject.

3. What are Ivan's qualifications?

Ivan has a degree in physics and has conducted research in various fields, including astrophysics and quantum mechanics. He also has experience teaching physics at the university level.

4. What topics is Ivan interested in discussing on the Physics Forums?

Ivan is interested in discussing a wide range of topics in physics, including current research, theories, and practical applications. He is also open to discussing related fields such as mathematics and engineering.

5. How can I connect with Ivan on the Physics Forums?

You can connect with Ivan by sending him a private message on the Physics Forums or by joining in on discussions he is participating in. You can also follow his profile to receive updates on his posts and activity on the forum.