Why don't handheld devices have screen calibration settings?

However, it is currently not the standard and it is unlikely that TVs will have the same capabilities as handheld devices. In summary, it is unlikely that TVs will have the same screen control options as handheld devices, but it is possible that handheld devices will have more control options in the future.
jaydnul
I mean i love having the screen set to perfect calibration like the iphone, but why don't we have tvs like that? It would be nice to not have to set anything on a tv and have a perfect picture quality. Do you think that will ever happen? Vice versa, do you think handheld devices will have screen controls (contrast, tint, sharpness ect...) in the future? (other than brightness)

Engineering news on Phys.org
The TV does not know what you consider as "optimal".

Vice versa, do you think handheld devices will have screen controls (contrast, tint, sharpness ect...) in the future? (other than brightness)
Possible.

Related to Why don't handheld devices have screen calibration settings?

1. Why do some handheld devices have better screen quality than others?

Handheld devices can vary in screen quality due to a number of factors, including the type of display technology used, the resolution and pixel density of the screen, and the quality of the components used in the manufacturing process. Some devices may also have better color accuracy and brightness due to advanced display calibration techniques.

2. Can I calibrate the screen on my handheld device to improve its display quality?

In most cases, handheld devices do not have screen calibration settings because the screens are already optimized during the manufacturing process. Attempting to calibrate the screen manually can actually decrease the quality of the display and may cause issues with the device's functionality.

3. Why do some older handheld devices have color and brightness issues over time?

Over time, the components in a handheld device's display can degrade, resulting in color and brightness issues. This is a natural occurrence and cannot be fixed by screen calibration. In these cases, it may be necessary to replace the screen or the entire device.

4. Can I adjust the color temperature or white balance on my handheld device?

Some handheld devices do have settings for adjusting color temperature or white balance, but these are typically limited to more advanced devices such as tablets or high-end smartphones. These settings should only be adjusted by experienced users, as they can significantly impact the overall display quality.

5. Why do handheld devices often have different color profiles than computer displays?

Handheld devices and computer displays use different types of display technologies, which can result in different color profiles. Additionally, many computer displays are professionally calibrated, while handheld devices are typically not. This can lead to differences in color accuracy and overall display quality between the two types of devices.