Why is Latex causing problems in this forum?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter AdkinsJr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum Latex
In summary, The person is having trouble with the latex in their post and is getting incorrect output when trying to input equations. They attached an image of the issue and mention a known bug that causes old images to appear in previews. The workaround is to refresh and resend after each preview. They also mention having another equation that was duplicated in their post.
AdkinsJr
I'm trying to make a post, but the latex is frustrating me. I typed in the following two lines.

[t*x]KE=\frac{1}{2}mv^2[/t*x]

[t*x]=\frac{1}{2}mv\cdot v[/t*x]

It just gives me a v and a dot, intead of v dot v, and it put both equations on one line. I attached an image of what showed up on the 'preview post.' I also had another equation:

[t*x]KE=\frac{1}{2}m(37)[/t*x]

This one was duplicated, so the equation showed up twice, one right below the other.

Attachments

• preview200896-1.png
    preview200896-1.png
    709 bytes · Views: 438
Physics news on Phys.org
There's a known bug that makes old images appear in previews. There are many threads about it. The workaround is to refresh and resend after each preview.

[tex]KE=\frac{1}{2}mv^2[/tex]

[tex]=\frac{1}{2}mv\cdot v[/tex]

Related to Why is Latex causing problems in this forum?

What are the most common latex problems encountered in this forum?

The most common latex problems encountered in this forum include errors in compiling documents, issues with formatting, difficulties in inserting images and tables, problems with cross-referencing, and challenges with creating bibliographies.

How can I troubleshoot errors in compiling my latex document?

To troubleshoot errors in compiling your latex document, it is important to carefully check the syntax and formatting of your code. Common errors include missing or incorrect brackets, misspelled commands, and mismatched document classes. It is also helpful to consult online resources or seek assistance from other users in the forum.

What should I do if I encounter issues with formatting in my latex document?

If you encounter formatting issues in your latex document, check for any conflicting packages or commands that may be causing the problem. You can also try using different document classes or templates to achieve the desired format. Additionally, reviewing the latex documentation or asking for help in the forum can also be beneficial.

How can I insert images and tables into my latex document?

To insert images and tables into your latex document, you can use the \includegraphics and \begin{tabular} commands, respectively. Make sure to specify the correct file path for the images and follow the correct syntax for the table format. If you encounter any errors, double-check the code and seek assistance from the forum.

How do I create a bibliography in my latex document?

To create a bibliography in your latex document, you can use the \bibliography and \cite commands. It is important to correctly format your bibliography entries and ensure that they are in the same directory as your document. You can also use bibliography management software such as BibTeX to help with the process.