Wyllie time-average equation vs Gardner's equation vs RHG Equation for porosity

getsrawal
TL;DR Summary
Wyllie time-average equation vs Gardner's equation vs RHG Equation and what these equation are different from any other approach for calculating imbition method, ideal gas laws or mercury displacement method
If you were estimating porosity from velocity, which approach would you prefer to use among Wyllie time-average equation, Gardner's equation Or RHG Equation, when and why?

My answer is RHG equation as wylllie equation don't work for unconsolidate sand and give accurate results when it is saturated with brine solution. Garnder's equation mainly relates density with porosity not accounting with velocity and RHG equation is improved one. CAn you please help me with anything i'm missing here.

Are these three equation are different from any other approach like imbition method, ideal gas laws or mercury displacement method for calculating porosity?

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Would I be right in guessing that this question is about seismic velocity, in porous rocks, that are water saturated ?

Likes berkeman
Baluncore said:
Welcome to PF.

Would I be right in guessing that this question is about seismic velocity, in porous rocks, that are water saturated ?
yes it is about comparing results given by three equations. It is to discuss mainley what RPG equation have advantages over wyllie and Gardner's equation and what is appropriate method among three to measure porosity from velocity in different types of rocks.

I am interested in the subject, but it is more than 40 years since I shot my last seismic survey.
Can you please post links to the equations.