Axial Version of the Phi Meson

• I
  • Thread starter Elmo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mesons
Elmo
TL;DR Summary
Is there any information regarding the existence of an axial vector version of the phi meson ?
I only know of the Phi vector meson which is ##s\bar{s}## which has J=1, P=-. I am looking for its axial vector version (dont know by what name it should go) ie J=1, P=+.
More specifically I am looking for any data associated with it eg its LCDAs, decay constant, mass. I am not sure I can see such data in the PDG listings.

Physics news on Phys.org
The φ is in a 3S1 state. It's partner is therefore in a 1S0 state, which is pseudoscalar. Not an axial vector.

PS This is covered in the reference last time you asked a similar question. If you don't read it, how will you learn what is in it?

Vanadium 50 said:
PS This is covered in the reference last time you asked a similar question. If you don't read it, how will you learn what is in it?
That thread is still closed "pending results of a misinformation investigation" about whether or not axial vector and pseudo scalar meson quark content are definitively known.
And I did go through the PDG lists back then but I really cant find any such information there regarding quark contents of the different mesons or their LCDA functions or decay constants.
Perhaps im not looking in the right place ?

Vanadium 50 said:
The φ is in a 3S1 state. It's partner is therefore in a 1S0 state, which is pseudoscalar. Not an axial vector.
Could you explain this point a bit or give me a reading reference, preferably a textbook ?
Im not familiar with this system of classifying states that you speak of.

See Section 8, "A Naming Scheme for Hadrons", particularly Table 8.1.

That's all the spoon-feeding I intend to do. If you have more questions, show me you have done your part.