Can I Block Signals in My House for Better Sleep and Health?

• Thread starter BlueBull
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Signals
In summary, the conversation discusses concerns about the potential health effects of wireless electronic devices, specifically smart meters and Wi-Fi signals. The individual is seeking advice on how to block these signals in their home, potentially in the bedroom, due to ongoing sleeplessness and declining health since 1994. Other forum members offer reassurance and suggest seeking medical advice.
BlueBull
Hi everyone

I have been in declining health since 1994. I was reading a newspaper about the smart meters BC Hydro is trying to force on us. The outright lies told about these smart meters and the real footprint they create, strong enough to kill rose bushes. Worse still, apartments will have up to 6 smart meters installed side by side.

I wonder if Wi-Fi and cordless phones has been causing my sleeplessness over all these years.

I was wondering if I can block signals in my house. Most importantly, the bedroom. I figure I need to shield from GHz range signals, maybe 1 to 100 GHz.

I still have to learn more, maybe someone on here knows more about this topic.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to physics forums, I'm not sure where you are getting your information but it is highly suspect. Especially the part about killing rose bushes! This subject has been discussed before;
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=549224&

Hopefully some of the links here can help you. Also there has been extensive research into the effect of wireless electronic devices over the years by a myriad of independent entities (from governments, corporations, universities, health services etc) and there is no clear evidence of adverse health effects.

I am sorry to hear about your health conditions (please note however that this site strictly does not give medical diagnosis), I'm sure you have already but I advise you to see a doctor and persist until you have a diagnosis and treatment.

Mobile phones work in lifts (elevators as you say over the pond). It's unlikely that you could make your bedroom more shielded than that. However, I am sure someone will be willing to offer to try, for a price. Probably the same person than spreads fear around the internet about the "dangers".

Related to Can I Block Signals in My House for Better Sleep and Health?

1. How can I block signals in my house?

To block signals in your house, you can use a signal blocking device or material such as a Faraday cage. These devices or materials work by creating a barrier that prevents electromagnetic signals from entering or leaving the area.

2. Why would I want to block signals in my house?

There are several reasons why someone might want to block signals in their house. This could include concerns about privacy, security, or health. Some people may also want to prevent interference with electronic devices in their home.

3. What types of signals can be blocked?

A signal blocking device or material can block a wide range of signals, including Wi-Fi, cellular, radio, and GPS signals. The effectiveness of the blocking will depend on the strength and frequency of the signal being blocked.

4. Are there any potential risks or drawbacks to blocking signals in my house?

While blocking signals can have benefits, it may also have some drawbacks. For example, if you block cellular signals, you may not be able to make or receive phone calls. Additionally, some signal blocking materials can be expensive or may not be aesthetically pleasing.

5. Can I still use my electronic devices if I block signals in my house?

Yes, you can still use your electronic devices while blocking signals in your house. However, depending on the type of signal being blocked, you may experience reduced functionality or interference with certain devices. It is important to carefully research and test any signal blocking methods before implementing them in your home.