How do I draw a line that is 50 deg west or 15 deg east etc

• Thread starter pb23me
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Line
In summary, to determine the direction of a 50 degree west line, you will need to use a compass or protractor to measure the angle from due north to the west and then draw a line at a 50 degree angle from the north in a clockwise direction. To draw a line at a specific angle, you will need a compass or protractor to measure the angle, a ruler or straight edge to draw the line, and a pencil to mark the starting and ending points. A ruler may not be the most accurate tool for drawing lines at specific angles, so it is best to use a compass or protractor. To draw a line that is 15 degrees east, you will need to use a compass or protractor to measure the
pb23me

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Unless there is some convention that i am unaware of, i don't think "50 degrees west" makes much sense. West is west, there aren't different degrees of west. Are you sure it wasn't something like "50 degrees west from north"?

Yeah I figured it out. It was talking about the dip for the west direction not the strike. I was mixing two different things up. Thats why it was making any sense... Thank you

Related to How do I draw a line that is 50 deg west or 15 deg east etc

1. How do I determine the direction of a 50 degree west line?

To draw a line that is 50 degrees west, you will need to use a compass or protractor to measure the angle from due north to the west. Once you have determined the direction, you can draw a line at a 50 degree angle from the north in a clockwise direction.

2. What tools do I need to draw a line at a specific angle?

To draw a line at a specific angle, you will need a compass or protractor to measure the angle and a ruler or straight edge to actually draw the line. You may also want to use a pencil to lightly mark the starting and ending points of the line before drawing it with a pen or marker.

3. How do I draw a line that is 15 degrees east?

To draw a line that is 15 degrees east, you will need to use a compass or protractor to measure the angle from due north to the east. Once you have determined the direction, you can draw a line at a 15 degree angle from the north in a counterclockwise direction.

4. Can I use a ruler to draw a line at a specific angle?

While a ruler can be helpful in drawing straight lines, it is not the most accurate tool for drawing lines at specific angles. It is best to use a compass or protractor to ensure the correct angle is measured and drawn.

5. How do I make sure my line is exactly 50 degrees west or 15 degrees east?

To ensure the accuracy of your line, it is important to use a compass or protractor to measure and mark the angle before drawing the line. You can also double check the angle by measuring it again before finalizing the line.