LaTeX in Blogs: How to Recover Old Entries

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary: Thanks for bringing this to our attention.In summary, LaTeX is now in the blogs, but not in comments, but in entries.
Physics news on Phys.org
Yay! Now we don't have to read any more posts in feedback asking why LaTex isn't working in blogs. :biggrin: I know a LOT of people are going to enjoy that feature.

From my test, it's not quite correct.

Preview doesn't work.

After today's first attempt, it looked like posting LaTeX worked.
But when I replied to it with new LaTeX,
the newly-rendered image replaced the originally-rendered image.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Rob I just made two blog posts and it seems to work fine.

When I visited your blog (at 11:41am EST) and when I visit my blog, there is the
"Click to see the LaTeX code for this image"
in place of each rendered-image.

robphy said:
When I visited your blog (at 11:41am EST) and when I visit my blog, there is the
"Click to see the LaTeX code for this image"
in place of each rendered-image.

For "preview" mode yes we are aware, but if you go into the blog entry they should appear

Greg Bernhardt said:
For "preview" mode yes we are aware, but if you go into the blog entry they should appear

Ok. I see now. Thanks.
I'll try a couple more things out.

If you visit your most recent blog entry, does it still look right?
It seems that the comment I made alters the appearance [the rendered-image] of your post.

ok the overwriting is fixed, but the broken images in blog list can't be fixed unfortunately without file modification. There will be a new blog update soon that will hopefully allow us to get that working.

Hi

Great to see Latex is now included in blogs. One thing I've noticed is the limit for images seems to apply to Latex also which limits the number of latex images to 4 per blog. Is this permanent or something that will change in the near future.

regards
Steve

Last edited:
stevebd1 said:
Hi

Great to see Latex is now included in blogs. One thing I've noticed is the limit for images seems to apply to Latex also which limits the number of latex images to 4 per blog. Is this permanent or something that will change in the near future.

regards
Steve

I'll look into this setting and bump it up.

FAQ: LaTeX in Blogs: How to Recover Old Entries

1. What is LaTeX and why is it used in blogs?

LaTeX is a typesetting language that is commonly used in the academic and scientific community for creating professional-looking documents. It is used in blogs to display mathematical equations, symbols, and other technical content in a more visually appealing and organized manner.

2. How can I recover old blog entries that use LaTeX?

If your old blog entries were written using a LaTeX plugin, you can simply reactivate the plugin and the entries will be automatically converted to LaTeX format. If you did not use a plugin, you can use a converter tool or manually edit the entries to add LaTeX formatting.

3. Can I use LaTeX in any blogging platform?

Most popular blogging platforms have plugins or built-in support for LaTeX, such as WordPress, Blogger, and Tumblr. However, some platforms may not have this feature, so it is best to check with your specific platform before attempting to use LaTeX.

4. Are there any drawbacks to using LaTeX in blogs?

One drawback is that some readers may not have a LaTeX viewer installed on their devices, which could make the equations and symbols appear as code instead of properly rendered. Another drawback is that it may take some time to learn how to use LaTeX effectively.

5. Can I use LaTeX in non-technical blogs?

Yes, you can use LaTeX in any type of blog, even if it is not focused on technical topics. It can be a great way to add visual interest and professionalism to your blog, and it may also help to better explain complex ideas or concepts to your readers.