A thank you to the folks (Doc Al, Astro, ) that offer their help here

In summary, the people who post questions on this forum are very grateful for the help that they receive from others. They also appreciate the time and effort that others put into answering those questions.
exi
Just wanted to take a second and say thank you to all of the people - Astronuc, Doc Al, nrged, and company - that helped me (and others) along on hairy questions, with issues of clarification, and so forth.

I took my physics I final this afternoon and am under the impression that the latter half isn't all that difficult at my particular institution. I don't know if you guys / how many others read the non-physics parts of this forum or with what frequency, so I'm posting this here because the least I can do is say thanks for the time and effort.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
exi said:
Just wanted to take a second and say thank you to all of the people - Astronuc, Doc Al, nrged, and company - that helped me (and others) along on hairy questions, with issues of clarification, and so forth.

I took my physics I final this afternoon and am under the impression that the latter half isn't all that difficult at my particular institution. I don't know if you two / how many others read the non-physics parts of this forum or with what frequency, so I'm posting this here because the least I can do is say thanks for the time and effort.

:biggrin: You are very welcome. It's a nice gesture to have posted that. Thank you!

Patrick

Yeah, thank you all those people who take time out to answer our questions, not matter how idiotic or irritating. Really, loads of times I'd be lost without you guys.

Thanks for the kind words, exi--they are always nice to hear. Echoing nrqed, you are very welcome. :smile:

Thank you exi, you are most welcome.

Best wishes for continued success in your academic endeavors.

I should say thank you as well! Back when I was in Intro Physics and Calculus posted a number of questions here, and loved the atmosphere of this homework forum. There isn't another like it on the web. Now I hope that I can be some help to others using this forum.

G01 said:
I should say thank you as well! Back when I was in Intro Physics and Calculus posted a number of questions here, and loved the atmosphere of this homework forum. There isn't another like it on the web. Now I hope that I can be some help to others using this forum.

wow, that's quite something to see someone who used to get help here now helping others. What a wonderful way to give back! (what's the English expression...paying forward??)

In any case, you have already helped many!

Regards

Patrick

I realize I have only been here for about two days... but it is really refreshing to find a community such as this online, and to see that it can be accessed for free. I would also like to thank the people who donate their time here.

I love the PF staff and various other users as well :)

nrqed said:
wow, that's quite something to see someone who used to get help here now helping others. What a wonderful way to give back! (what's the English expression...paying forward??)

In any case, you have already helped many!

Regards

Patrick

Thanks! I'm glad I'm able to help around here!:approve:

Hey,

Thanks so much guys for helping out, really means a lot!

Especially Doc_Al even though sometimes I don't get a chance to respond back your guidance is really valued and appreciated!

Thanks so Much!

Great topic.

-PFStudent

Related to A thank you to the folks (Doc Al, Astro, ) that offer their help here

1. What inspired you to write a thank you to the people who offer their help on this platform?

As a scientist, I know the value of receiving guidance and support from others in my field. I wanted to express my gratitude to those who generously offer their time and expertise on this platform to help others.

2. Why do you think it's important to thank those who offer their help here?

Acknowledging and appreciating the contributions of others is crucial in creating a positive and supportive community. By thanking those who offer their help here, we are promoting a culture of gratitude and kindness.

3. How have the people you mentioned in your thank you impacted your experience on this platform?

The people I mentioned in my thank you have greatly enhanced my experience on this platform. Their knowledge and willingness to help have been invaluable in guiding me towards finding solutions to my scientific inquiries.

4. Is there anything else you would like to say to these individuals?

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for their dedication and generosity in sharing their expertise with others. Their contributions make this platform a valuable resource for scientists like myself.

5. How can we show our gratitude to those who offer their help here?

We can show our gratitude by thanking them directly, upvoting their responses, and spreading positivity and kindness in our interactions with them. It's important to recognize and acknowledge their contributions in any way we can.

Back