Do I Need to Go to A&E for Symptoms?

• Medical
  • Thread starter auser
  • Start date
In summary: Meningitis is a possibility, though it's more likely to be temporal arteritis. If you're healthy and only 22, it's definitely worth getting checked out.
auser
i know u don't give medical advice but i just wanted to know if my symptoms are strong enough to go to a&e coz doctors are closed today

i have a headache which has lasted about 2 months, every now and again i get severe migranes and this pain is not like that it's more wierd.
my jaw and neck hurts too, and i feel nauseous, and recentely my vision has become blurred
and i know tis sounds crazy but my viens hurt too... or atleast i think it's my veins
pain worsens at night time and wakes me up

i've typed what I'm feeling in google but I'm not getting any answers

Biology news on Phys.org
Get to a doctor as soon as you can. You seem to have a lot of stuff going on, but pain in the neck and jaw can be signs of a heart attack.

im only 21

Age does not matter, see your doctor as soon as possible.

auser said:
im only 21
Age doesn't matter, you could have been born with a problem that is just now getting serious, you could have gotten an infection in the past which is now causing problems.

Go to the doctor.

im going to leave it till tuesday 3 days, coz tomorrow is sunday and the doctors are closed and it's snowing on monday and i don't want to take out my newborn in these conditions... do think that's ok?

auser said:
im going to leave it till tuesday 3 days, coz tomorrow is sunday and the doctors are closed and it's snowing on monday and i don't want to take out my newborn in these conditions... do think that's ok?
No. Get some medical attention.

auser said:
i know u don't give medical advice but i just wanted to know if my symptoms are strong enough to go to a&e coz doctors are closed today

i have a headache which has lasted about 2 months, every now and again i get severe migranes and this pain is not like that it's more wierd.
my jaw and neck hurts too, and i feel nauseous, and recentely my vision has become blurred
and i know tis sounds crazy but my viens hurt too... or atleast i think it's my veins
pain worsens at night time and wakes me up

i've typed what I'm feeling in google but I'm not getting any answers

Call NHS direct: 0845 4647. They are very good, and will advise you whether you need to seek medical attention, or whether it can wait until Tuesday. (I'd guess you shouldn't wait, since your symptoms sound serious.. but then I'm not a doctor).

By the way, I'm guessing you're from the UK based on your use of the term "a&e".. if you're not from the UK, then there may be a similar service in your country.

ok thanks i will do, i'll call nhs direct, i didn't think of that...
and yes i am from the uk

It could simply be migraines caused by eyestrain, it could be anything, migraines have odd symptoms. NHS direct have advice up to the level of Dr and even beyond so that should be your first port of call. You can check out their website on line too.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/

Pain when moving head up and down could be meningitis but this sounds unlikely.

Last edited:
temporal arteritis... I'm healthy and only 22 - now... wow!

I'm glad you've had it checked it out, you should never neglect a persistent headache.

It was probably not a diagnosis you expected, I hope you feel better soon.

Related to Do I Need to Go to A&E for Symptoms?

1. What symptoms should I look out for that would require a visit to A&E?

The symptoms that would require a visit to A&E vary depending on the severity and urgency of the situation. Some common symptoms that may require immediate medical attention include severe chest pain, difficulty breathing, sudden numbness or weakness, severe bleeding, and loss of consciousness. It is always best to err on the side of caution and seek medical help if you are unsure.

2. Can I go to A&E for minor symptoms or injuries?

If your symptoms or injuries are minor and not life-threatening, it is recommended to seek help from your primary care physician or visit an urgent care center. A&E departments are designed to handle emergencies and serious medical conditions, so it is best to reserve these resources for those who truly need them.

3. How do I know if my symptoms are serious enough for A&E?

If you are experiencing a medical emergency, it is always better to be safe than sorry. If you are unsure about the severity of your symptoms, it is best to seek medical advice. You can call your primary care physician or a medical helpline for guidance on whether you should visit A&E.

4. Is it better to go to A&E or call an ambulance?

If you are experiencing a medical emergency, it is best to call an ambulance. The ambulance staff are trained to handle emergency situations and can provide immediate medical attention while transporting you to A&E. However, if your symptoms are not life-threatening, it may be more appropriate to visit A&E on your own or seek advice from a medical professional.

5. What should I bring with me to A&E?

When visiting A&E, it is important to bring any relevant medical documents or information, such as your medical history, current medications, and insurance information. It is also helpful to bring a list of your symptoms and any recent changes in your health. If you have a primary care physician, it is best to inform them about your visit to A&E so they can coordinate your care.