Free Utility/General Method to close Connections in Win10?

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Method
In summary, the conversation is about finding a way to close network connections within SQL Server or a more general method. The person asks for help filtering through the millions of search results and is given suggestions to use tools like tcpview or CurrentPorts that have command line options.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi All,
The free Windows command-line untilities Netstat and Netstat -an alllow one to view all ports, connections used when surfing the web. Still, is there a way to _close_ any connection. I am interested in doing it within SQL Server, but I wonder if there is a more general way of doing it.
Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Tom.G said:
https://www.google.com/search?&q=close+network+connection+windows+10

finds 457 000 000 references, probably something useful in that large a universe!
Thanks. Yes, I am being lazy in part, but the idea is for someone who has knowledge on this to help me filter through all the hits.

Likes sysprog, QuantumQuest and WWGD

FAQ: Free Utility/General Method to close Connections in Win10?

What is a "Free Utility/General Method"?

A "Free Utility/General Method" is a software tool or technique that can be used to perform a specific task without any cost to the user.

Why is it important to close connections in Win10?

Closing connections in Win10 is important because it helps to conserve system resources and prevent potential security risks. Unused connections can slow down the system and leave it vulnerable to attacks.

What types of connections can be closed using this utility/method?

This utility/method can be used to close various types of connections, including network connections, Bluetooth connections, and USB connections.

How does this utility/method differ from other methods of closing connections in Win10?

This utility/method is specifically designed to provide a simple and effective way to close connections in Win10, without the need for any additional software or technical knowledge. Other methods may require more complex steps or the use of third-party software.

Is this utility/method safe to use?

Yes, this utility/method is safe to use. It is developed and tested by reputable sources and does not pose any security risks to your system. However, it is always recommended to use caution when using any new software or technique on your computer.

Back