Help with Painful Bathroom Trips from Spider Bite Infection

• Thread starter sdexcid
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person who experienced an infected leg from a spider bite and is now dealing with complications such as difficulty using the bathroom and pain. They have not been able to go back to the doctor and are seeking advice on whether to go to the ER or make an appointment with their doctor. Another person advises them to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
sdexcid
I don't know if this is the proper place to post things like this but oh well.

About one year ago I had an infected leg from a spider bite. I was put on an IV antibiotic to clear the infection. It left me having a hard time going to the washroom the #2. I remember this one time because it really hurt and it felt like something cut me. Everytime I go to the washroom It hurts sooooo badly for hours on end. I bleed a hell of alot. Anyone know what this is. The pain hurts like a son of a ,,,,,,

I did go to the doctors once and he gaves me some creams but they didnt work..I have been so busy I haven't been able to go back. Any suggestion on what this is?

Physics news on Phys.org
Doctor now.

I can't think of much that can possibly be more important than this in your life. You have no idea the types of complications that can arise out of this.

moose said:
Doctor now.

I can't think of much that can possibly be more important than this in your life. You have no idea the types of complications that can arise out of this.

Thanks moose I will go. It has been a year I think its an anal fissure which is tear up inside the butt. Do you think if I go to the ER this is peddy? Or should I make an appointment with my doctor and wait for it?

Dude, this is the their general/philosophy room. At least post this in somewhere more relevant. I was thinking you were going to talk about your thoughts and theories on "Hell" and here you are going on about your pain. Of which, I'm sorry, I don't know what a spider bite is like and I really hope I never know, but your thread did kind of waste my time. I know I'm not helping myself more by writing back, but it bothered me enough to write this, so here it is.

Yeah, just get medical attention ASAP, you'll be ok.

Related to Help with Painful Bathroom Trips from Spider Bite Infection

1. What are the symptoms of a spider bite infection?

Symptoms of a spider bite infection may include redness, swelling, pain, and warmth around the bite area. Other common symptoms include fever, chills, and fatigue. In more severe cases, the infection may cause muscle cramps, difficulty breathing, and even organ failure.

2. How can I treat a spider bite infection?

If you suspect you have a spider bite infection, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. Your doctor may prescribe antibiotics to fight the infection and may also recommend pain medication to help with discomfort. Additionally, keeping the bite area clean and applying a warm compress can help alleviate symptoms.

3. Can a spider bite infection spread to other parts of the body?

Yes, a spider bite infection can spread to other parts of the body if left untreated. If the infection enters the bloodstream, it can potentially affect other organs and lead to serious complications. It is important to seek medical treatment as soon as possible to prevent the infection from spreading.

4. How can I prevent spider bite infections?

The best way to prevent spider bite infections is to avoid getting bitten in the first place. This can be done by wearing insect repellent, covering exposed skin when outdoors, and avoiding areas where spiders are known to live. If you do get bitten, be sure to clean the bite area thoroughly and seek medical attention if necessary.

5. Can spider bite infections be life-threatening?

In most cases, spider bite infections are not life-threatening and can be effectively treated with antibiotics. However, in rare cases, the infection can spread quickly and lead to serious complications. It is important to seek medical attention if you suspect you have a spider bite infection to prevent any potential risks to your health.