How to Test for Equality of Selective First Items from Three Factories?

• Thread starter dumbest
  • Start date
In summary, the question is whether to use Two-proportion z-test or ANOVA to test the hypothesis of equality of selections from three factories that produce the same item. The alternative is to use ANOVA for three Binomial distributions, but this may take more time and may not be familiar to the students.
dumbest
first of all , hello everyone

you can see who i am depending on my nickname ,

but i need your help

i have one question :" Three factory creates the same item ,

from the first factory is selected 250 item and 10 of them is defective
from the second factory 200 and 9 of them is defective
from the third 150 and 11 of them is defective

a=0.1 ( Alpha = 0.1 )
question is : test hypothesis about equality of these "selections" ( i don`t know how to say exactly ) "should i test the first two of them using " Two-proportion z-test " and then test one of them and third using again " Two-proportion z-test " ... ?anyone ?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You can test them in pairs, with the caveat that pairwise tests are not transitive: if x = y and y = z are both statistically significant, it does not follow that x = z is also stat. significant. In your case, they may turn out to be consistent; I haven't tried.

The alternative is to use ANOVA for three Binomial distributions. You can estimate within-group (sample) variances using the binomial variance formula njpj(1-pj) for the j'th group, then set it equal to the sample variance, sn2 (substitute nj for n) then solve for the sum of squared deviations from the mean for the j'th sample (j = 1, 2, 3).

thanks for an answer ,

i think they must be consistent ,

because the alternative way ( anova ... ) will take more time and that way is not defined by teacher yet ...

students do not know what is Anova ... sorry for my bad english and thanks for an answer ...

Last edited:
Please post homework questions in the homework forums.

FAQ: How to Test for Equality of Selective First Items from Three Factories?

1. What is "Equality of three selective"?

"Equality of three selective" refers to a statistical test used to determine if three groups or samples are equal in terms of a specific characteristic or variable. It is also known as the "Kruskal-Wallis test" and is used when the data does not meet the assumptions of other tests such as ANOVA.

2. When is "Equality of three selective" used?

"Equality of three selective" is used when there are three or more independent groups or samples and the data does not meet the assumptions of other tests such as ANOVA. It is commonly used in social science and medical research to compare groups on non-normally distributed data.

3. How does "Equality of three selective" work?

The "Equality of three selective" test ranks all the data from lowest to highest, regardless of group. It then calculates the sum of ranks for each group and uses this to calculate a test statistic. This test statistic is compared to a critical value in a statistical table to determine if there is a significant difference between the groups.

4. What are the assumptions of "Equality of three selective"?

The main assumption of "Equality of three selective" is that the data is independent and comes from non-normally distributed populations. It also assumes that the groups are equal in terms of variance and that the observations are ranked correctly.

5. How do I interpret the results of "Equality of three selective"?

If the calculated test statistic is greater than the critical value, it means that there is a significant difference between at least one of the groups. However, this test does not tell you which specific group or groups are different. Further post-hoc tests may be needed to determine the specific differences between groups.

Back