I have finally re-entered the IT field yesterday

• Thread starter LinuxMicrosoftMCSA
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Field
In summary, the IT field is an industry that involves the use of computers, software, and telecommunications to manage and process information. The speaker re-entered this field due to their passion for technology and the constantly evolving nature of the industry. Some necessary skills for working in IT include technical knowledge, problem-solving abilities, communication skills, and adaptability. The IT field has changed significantly with advancements in technology, leading to improved software and hardware and changes in data management. In the future, the speaker hopes to continue learning and advancing in their career, as well as contributing to the development of innovative solutions in various industries.
LinuxMicrosoftMCSA
Hi,
I just got an IT Internship at a local nonprofit. It sounds like it will be a mid-high-level desktop support position. I will be imaging computers and that's all I know so far. I start ASAP and they're processing the paperwork as I speak. Anyway, I haven't worked in IT since 2017 and now I have finally re-entered the field.

Likes hmmm27 and anorlunda
Computer science news on Phys.org
Congrats

FAQ: I have finally re-entered the IT field yesterday

1. What is the IT field?

The IT field stands for Information Technology, which includes the use of computers and telecommunications to store, retrieve, and transmit data.

2. Why did you re-enter the IT field?

I re-entered the IT field because it is a constantly evolving and in-demand industry, and I have a passion for using technology to solve problems and improve processes.

3. What qualifications do you have for the IT field?

I have a degree in computer science and several years of experience working in various IT roles, including software development, network administration, and data analysis.

4. What changes have you noticed in the IT field since re-entering?

I have noticed a significant increase in the use of cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and automation in various industries. There is also a greater emphasis on cybersecurity and data privacy.

5. How do you stay updated with the latest developments in the IT field?

I regularly attend conferences, workshops, and training courses to learn about new technologies and best practices. I also follow industry leaders and publications, and actively participate in online communities and forums.