Is the transformation t' from V/ker(t) to W injective?

In summary, the conversation discusses a linear transformation t:V -> W and its corresponding transformation t':V/ker(t) -> W which is defined as t'(v + ker(t)) = tv. It is stated that t' is injective and that V/ker(t) is isomorphic to im(t). The conversation also mentions a previous theorem related to subspaces of V and a unique linear transformation t':V/S -> W with specific properties. The book suggests that the first isomorphism theorem can be derived from this previous theorem. There is a question about proving the injectivity of t'. The conversation ends with some confusion about how to proceed with the proof, considering that ker(t') = ker(t) = {0}
iamalexalright

Homework Statement

Let t:V -> W be a linear transformation. Then the transformation t':V/ker(t) -> W defined by:
t'(v + ker(t)) = tv is injective
and
[tex]V/ker(t) \approx im(t)[/tex]

Homework Equations

A previous theorem:
Let S be a subspace of V and let t satisfy S <= ket(t). Then there is a unique linear transformation t':V/S -> W with the property that
t'*pi_s = t where pi_s is a transformation from V to V/S.

Morever, ker(t') = ker(t)/S and im(t') = im(t)

The Attempt at a Solution

The book says the first isomorphism theorem follows from the other theorem posted above.
First, do I need to prove that t' is injective (wondering because the theorem states it)?

Other than that I am kinda confused at where to go.

If t' is injective then ker(t') = ker(t) = {0}, right?
Then V/ker(t) = V... but this is all doesn't seem like the right way to go

Physics news on Phys.org
.I was thinking that maybe im(t) = V/ker(t) and then t' maps from V/ker(t) to W which is injective.But I don't really know how to prove this.Can someone please help me?Thanks in advance!

Related to Is the transformation t' from V/ker(t) to W injective?

1. What is the First Isomorphism Proof?

The First Isomorphism Proof is a mathematical proof that demonstrates the isomorphism between two algebraic structures.

2. What is an isomorphism?

An isomorphism is a mathematical concept that describes a one-to-one correspondence between elements of two different sets or structures.

3. How does the First Isomorphism Proof work?

The First Isomorphism Proof works by showing that a surjective homomorphism exists between two algebraic structures, and then proving that this homomorphism is also injective, meaning that it preserves the structure of the original structures.

4. What are the key components of the First Isomorphism Proof?

The key components of the First Isomorphism Proof are the two algebraic structures being compared, the surjective homomorphism between them, and the proof that this homomorphism is also injective.

5. Why is the First Isomorphism Proof important?

The First Isomorphism Proof is important because it allows us to understand the relationship between two different algebraic structures and provides a way to compare and contrast them. It also has many applications in various fields of mathematics, such as group theory and linear algebra.