Limit to number of questions one can ask?

• Thread starter starterYEAR
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the rules for posting questions in the homework section of a forum. The original poster is asking about question limits and the proper format for posting questions. Another user advises them to use the homework template and show reasonable effort in their question. The conversation then shifts to a specific question about diagonalizable matrices, but the original poster is not following the rules and is not showing enough effort in their question. It is also mentioned that the original poster may be a sockpuppet of previously banned accounts.
starterYEAR
Dear all,

I would like to know is there a monthly limit for a single user for "good " questions in Homework sections ?

What is the daily limitation ? Are "small" math question also required to be asked in "homework" section ?

Thabk you and best regards

Physics news on Phys.org
There are no question limits if the template is used and reasonable effort is shown. Welcome!

Likes gracy
Thank you :)

Please help. I would like to stick to the rules completely. If for example I have a question from math: " where is this function defined" and then I say as my effort: " we made the similar function analysis in the class so I think this founction is defined on this interval " . Is this question not OK ?

Thanks for the answer

So "as I can" and nobody will here "attack" my question ? I am relativelly new in math so one may think I shoul have more knowledge transformed into more effort. You promise I Will not be "attacked" by "no or little effort" ? Please. Thanks

No one will attack you, but we may disapprove of the request. That is why you are showing me.

I ll try to do my best. Thank sfor understandance

starterYEAR said:
I ll try to do my best. Thank sfor understandance
You still are not following the rules to which you were pointed. You must fill out the homework template, you can't simply post, "see attached". I've posted the homework directions into your last attempt.

Evo said:
You still are not following the rules to which you were pointed. You must fill out the homework template, you can't simply post, "see attached". I've posted the homework directions into your last attempt.
I think he's referring to the matrix image posted in the thread. What you are trying to find or solve is missing I think.

aaa. Let mi check and amend it. Is it OK now ?

starterYEAR said:
aaa. Let mi check and amend it. Is it OK now ?

I don't think it's ok. You haven't really given an attempt. Sure, you have given a definition/characterization of diagonalizable. But have you tried to apply this definition to your specific matrix? What did you get? Where were you stuck. Just putting a definition without any further attempt isn't really an attempt.

Aren't you learning from a book? A good step would be to look at the concrete examples in the book and try to adapt their approach.

Turns out they are a sockpuppet of 2 previously banned accounts by the same person.

FAQ: Limit to number of questions one can ask?

1. What is the purpose of having a limit to the number of questions one can ask?

The purpose of having a limit to the number of questions one can ask is to ensure a fair and efficient distribution of resources, such as time and attention, among all individuals involved in a conversation or discussion. It also helps prevent individuals from monopolizing the conversation and allows for a diverse range of perspectives to be heard.

2. Who sets the limit for the number of questions one can ask?

The limit for the number of questions one can ask is typically set by the moderator or facilitator of a conversation or discussion. In a scientific setting, it may be set by the researcher conducting the study or by the institution conducting the research.

3. What happens if I exceed the limit of questions?

If you exceed the limit of questions, you may be asked to stop asking questions or to give others a chance to ask their own questions. In a research setting, your questions may not be included in the final analysis if they exceed the predetermined limit.

4. Can the limit for the number of questions be changed or adjusted?

Yes, the limit for the number of questions can be changed or adjusted depending on the specific circumstances and needs of a conversation or research study. For example, if there is more time available or if the topic is particularly complex, the limit may be increased.

5. Is there a limit to the number of questions one can ask in a scientific study?

Yes, there is typically a limit to the number of questions one can ask in a scientific study. This helps ensure that the research is focused and manageable, and that the results are meaningful and relevant to the research question being investigated.