Loctite and/or Hernon product aging

In summary, the conversation discussed the experience of dealing with threadlocking products and how age can affect them, as well as the potential risks of mixing batches or reusing bottles. It was suggested to contact Loctite directly for more information and to prioritize safety when using their products.
wxrocks
Does anyone have experience dealing with various threadlocking products and how age might affect the product? Along with this, I'd like to know if anyone has experience with batches getting mixed (i.e. 2 bottles being combined) or even reuse of a bottle by filling from a larger bottle.

Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
In terms of physical constants, no. I can tell you that we shelf life limit all of our thread lock products. Your best bet would be to contact Loctite directly

Go with Fred, ring Loctite. If you're using Loctite, it's probably a critical enough application not to be worth the risk of pissing around with.

Related to Loctite and/or Hernon product aging

1. What is the shelf life of Loctite and Hernon products?

The shelf life of Loctite and Hernon products can vary depending on the specific product type and storage conditions. However, on average, Loctite products have a shelf life of 18 months from the date of manufacture, while Hernon products have a shelf life of 2 years. It is important to check the expiration date on the product label before use.

2. How should Loctite and Hernon products be stored to maximize their shelf life?

Loctite and Hernon products should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources. It is recommended to store them at a temperature between 8°C and 21°C (46°F and 70°F). Additionally, the products should be tightly sealed and stored upright to prevent air and moisture from entering the container.

3. Can Loctite and Hernon products still be used after their expiration date?

It is not recommended to use Loctite and Hernon products after their expiration date. Over time, the chemical composition of the products may change, resulting in decreased performance and reliability. It is important to always use products within their specified shelf life for optimal results.

4. How can I tell if a Loctite or Hernon product has expired?

The easiest way to tell if a Loctite or Hernon product has expired is to check the expiration date on the product label. Additionally, if the product appears discolored or has a foul odor, it is likely past its expiration date and should not be used.

5. Are there any special storage considerations for Loctite and Hernon products?

Yes, there are some special storage considerations for Loctite and Hernon products. Some products may require refrigeration or freezing for long-term storage. It is important to carefully read and follow the storage instructions on the product label for optimal shelf life and performance.