Pleiades Visible: Last Night -Subaru WRX to Ferrari F12

• Thread starter Andy Resnick
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about taking a successful photo of a nebula using a new camera and being excited about capturing more nebulosity in the future.
Andy Resnick
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Back up and running! Took this last night, only 10 minutes total integration time- full frame (400/2.8):

Pleiades_nikon_small_zpsceb3xmkc.jpg

And a zoom into the central region (still not 100%, only about 50%)

Pleiades_RGB-1_zps8tgzk921.jpg

Still adjusting to the new camera, I feel like I jumped from a Subaru WRX to a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta...

Likes davenn
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Fantastic! Well done!

Likes Andy Resnick
Andy Resnick said:
Back up and running! Took this last night, only 10 minutes total integration time- full frame (400/2.8):

nice one Andy
you are just starting to get the nebulosity :smile:

another month and this region will be in my evening sky and I am hoping to reimage the Pleiades and capture some of the blue nebulosity :smile:
I haven't been too successful in the past

Dave

Likes Andy Resnick

FAQ: Pleiades Visible: Last Night -Subaru WRX to Ferrari F12

1. What is Pleiades Visible?

Pleiades Visible is a rare astronomical event where the Pleiades star cluster, also known as the Seven Sisters, can be seen with the naked eye.

2. When is the last time Pleiades Visible occurred?

The last time Pleiades Visible occurred was on April 3, 2021.

3. Why is this event significant?

This event is significant because the Pleiades star cluster is usually difficult to see with the naked eye due to its faintness. However, during Pleiades Visible, the cluster appears much brighter and easier to view.

4. What is the connection between Pleiades Visible and the Subaru WRX and Ferrari F12?

The Subaru WRX and Ferrari F12 are two popular car models that were used by photographers to capture stunning images of the Pleiades Visible event.

5. How often does Pleiades Visible occur?

Pleiades Visible occurs once a year during the spring season. However, the visibility and brightness of the star cluster can vary from year to year.