Publishing Physics Discoveries: Recommendations for Unconventional Journals

In summary, the person is in a strange situation where they have proven something objectively true, but are having a hard time getting people, especially those at physics journals, to take them seriously. They are looking for recommendations for journals that are more open to unconventional ideas and not considered "crackpot" places. They have already tried Foundations of Physics and are seeking suggestions for other journals to submit their paper to.
ApplePion
I'm in a very strange situation. I haven proven something to be the case that was very unexpected, and I am having a hard time getting people to take me seriously, especially people at physics journals. It is actually something objectively true, like a mathematical proof, but I keep getting automatic rejections without serious considerations.

Can anyone suggest a journal that might publish. Ironically what I did was the opposite of flakey, but I think that my best hope is a journal that publishes things that might be a bit unconventional. I, of course, do not want some crackpot place.

(I already tried Foundations of Physics)

So I would greatly appreciate it if people could recommend journals easier to get published in and/or journals not afraid to take chances on non-standard things.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
So your rejection letters say "this is an automatic rejection, without giving your paper suitable consideration"? If not, what did they say?

The usual advice is to send the article that you write to the same journals that you read regularly. Which ones are those?

Related to Publishing Physics Discoveries: Recommendations for Unconventional Journals

1. What is the purpose of publishing physics discoveries in unconventional journals?

The purpose of publishing in unconventional journals is to promote the free flow of ideas and encourage the exploration of new and unconventional theories and discoveries in the field of physics. It allows for a more diverse range of perspectives and promotes the advancement of knowledge in the scientific community.

2. How should researchers choose which unconventional journal to publish in?

Researchers should carefully consider the scope and reputation of the unconventional journal, as well as its editorial board and peer-review process. It is also important to ensure that the journal follows ethical and transparent publishing practices.

3. What are some potential challenges of publishing in unconventional journals?

Some potential challenges of publishing in unconventional journals include a lack of recognition or impact in the scientific community and difficulty in obtaining funding or tenure based on publications in these journals. Additionally, there may be limited resources or support for authors in unconventional journals.

4. How can authors ensure the credibility of their work in unconventional journals?

Authors should follow rigorous scientific methods and provide thorough documentation of their research. They should also be transparent about any potential conflicts of interest and ensure that their work has been peer-reviewed by experts in the field.

5. Are there any advantages to publishing in unconventional journals?

Yes, there are several advantages to publishing in unconventional journals. These include the ability to reach a wider audience and potentially spark new collaborations and ideas. Additionally, unconventional journals may have a faster publication process and allow for more creative and innovative research.