Recharge 9V Battery on Device Without Affecting Electronics

• Thread starter Anthonytsi
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is seeking a solution for their device that runs on a 9 volt rechargeable battery which is difficult to access for charging. They propose retrofitting a plug into the device so that the battery can be charged without disrupting the circuit. One suggestion is to use a switching jack to disconnect the battery from the circuit when the charger is plugged in. This would eliminate the need for manually removing the battery for charging.
Anthonytsi
I have a device that I am working on and am stumped.
This device runs off of a 9 volt rechargeable battery that is difficult to access to recharge.
I would like to retrofit a plug into the device that would allow me to charge the batt without the electronics down line of the batt getting any power while charging.
This would keep me from having to remove the batt every time I need to charge it.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
just add a switch that switches the battery output from the circuit to the recharger.

Use a switching jack to remove the battery's connection to the circuit when the charger is plugged in.

Likes Anthonytsi
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/LdMotE2OxZupTZz8SKqHsbJUIR-iJnANot-h0IS55jW53iDK_QqNbHxYyZi-aRp0rzJWixrkoeIl1gX1E2i00P3ejfthmN9FYP-JeraiXOKs21v8wjRsFgjiEQOFKBHpv6aoNKRbTFZS2IUrhhSUbscMP11WmF4=w306-h117-nc
When the charger plug is inserted the switch is opened. You can find them in most appropriate jack types.

Likes Anthonytsi

Related to Recharge 9V Battery on Device Without Affecting Electronics

1. How does the process of recharging a 9V battery on a device work without affecting the electronics?

The process of recharging a 9V battery on a device without affecting the electronics involves using a charging circuit that regulates the flow of electricity into the battery. This circuit ensures that the voltage and current levels are safe for the battery and the device. It also prevents overcharging, which can damage the battery and the device.

2. Can any device be used to recharge a 9V battery without affecting the electronics?

No, not all devices are equipped with a charging circuit that can safely recharge a 9V battery. Only devices that are specifically designed for this purpose, such as a battery charger or a power bank with a 9V output, should be used to recharge the battery on a device without affecting the electronics.

3. Is it safe to leave the device connected to the charger while the battery is being recharged?

Yes, as long as the charging circuit is functioning properly, it is safe to leave the device connected to the charger while the battery is being recharged. However, it is recommended to monitor the charging process and disconnect the charger once the battery is fully charged to avoid overcharging.

4. How long does it take to recharge a 9V battery on a device without affecting the electronics?

The time it takes to recharge a 9V battery on a device without affecting the electronics depends on the capacity of the battery and the charging rate of the device. Generally, it can take anywhere from 1-4 hours to fully recharge a 9V battery.

5. Can recharging a 9V battery on a device damage the electronics in the long run?

If done correctly with a charging circuit, recharging a 9V battery on a device should not damage the electronics in the long run. However, it is important to use the correct charging device and to follow the recommended charging procedures to avoid any potential damage to the battery or the device.

Back