Sweating, Headaches, and Sluggishness - Need Advice

• Medical
  • Thread starter notcrazy:)
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Need advice
In summary, the individual is seeking help for excessive sweating during sleep, accompanied by headaches and sluggishness the next day. They mention being on Talwin for pain management and awaiting surgery for endometriosis, but are unsure if this is related. Side effects of Talwin include sweating and headache, but a diagnosis cannot be given here. The individual is advised to see another doctor if they are not satisfied with their current one.
notcrazy:)
Hello,
I need help, for the past week everytime I go to sleep I am sweating so bad that I have to change my clothes...I have a fan in my room and no heat on. I am sweating from the back of my neck, my breats and my arms legs etc.. then when I get up always at approx 2am, I have a headach and the next day and very sluggish and don't want to do anything. I have looked this up myself and I don't know what it is. I am only 33 year old female.
I am awaiting a surgery to see if I have endemetriosis.. however this just started and I am on pain management on Talwin everyday(not sure if this has an effect?) but I have been on that for about a month now.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Biology news on Phys.org
Hi notcrazy. Sorry to hear you're having health troubles, but we can't give diagnoses here. Please see a doctor, and I hope you get better soon.

notcrazy:) said:
Hello,
I need help, for the past week everytime I go to sleep I am sweating so bad that I have to change my clothes...I have a fan in my room and no heat on. I am sweating from the back of my neck, my breats and my arms legs etc.. then when I get up always at approx 2am, I have a headach and the next day and very sluggish and don't want to do anything. I have looked this up myself and I don't know what it is. I am only 33 year old female.
I am awaiting a surgery to see if I have endemetriosis.. however this just started and I am on pain management on Talwin everyday(not sure if this has an effect?) but I have been on that for about a month now.

Here's the side effects:

Side Effects of Talwin - for the Consumer
Talwin Nx
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Talwin Nx:

Constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; flushing; headache; loss of appetite; nausea; sleeplessness; sweating; vomiting; weakness.

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Talwin Nx:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); anxiety or nervousness; blurred vision or difficulty focusing your eyes; confusion; decreased urination; disorientation; fainting; fast heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; hallucination; mental or mood changes (eg, depression); red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; slow or shallow breathing.

Other than that you won't find a diagnosis here, there are policies against that.

notcrazy:) said:
Hello,

See another doctor if you think the one you are seeing is wrong.

Based on the information provided, it seems like you may be experiencing night sweats, headaches, and fatigue. It is important to note that these symptoms can be caused by a variety of factors and it is always best to consult with a medical professional for a proper diagnosis. However, as a scientist, I can provide some possible explanations for your symptoms and some advice for seeking further help.

One possible explanation for your night sweats could be hormonal changes. Sweating is a normal physiological response to regulate body temperature, but hormonal imbalances can cause the body to produce excessive sweat. This could be related to your upcoming surgery for endometriosis, as this condition can affect hormone levels. It is important to discuss this with your doctor and see if they recommend any further testing or treatment.

The headaches and sluggishness could also be related to hormonal changes or could be a side effect of your medication. Talwin is a narcotic pain reliever and can cause drowsiness and fatigue. It is important to discuss this with your doctor and see if there are any alternative pain management options that may not have these side effects.

Another possible explanation for your symptoms could be an underlying infection or illness. Night sweats, headaches, and fatigue can all be symptoms of various infections, such as a viral or bacterial infection. It is important to mention these symptoms to your doctor and see if they recommend any additional testing or treatment.

In addition, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle by staying hydrated, getting enough rest, and eating a balanced diet. These lifestyle factors can also contribute to your overall health and well-being.

In summary, it is best to consult with a medical professional for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. Make sure to mention all of your symptoms and any medications you are taking. It may also be helpful to keep a journal to track your symptoms and see if there are any patterns or triggers. Take care of yourself and seek help if your symptoms persist or worsen.

Related to Sweating, Headaches, and Sluggishness - Need Advice

1. What causes excessive sweating?

Excessive sweating, also known as hyperhidrosis, can be caused by a variety of factors such as genetics, certain medical conditions, and medications. It can also be triggered by emotional or physical stress.

2. Why do I get headaches when I sweat?

Headaches can occur when you sweat due to dehydration and electrolyte imbalances. Sweating causes the body to lose water and essential minerals, which can lead to headaches.

3. Is it normal to feel sluggish after sweating?

Feeling sluggish after sweating can be normal, especially if you have been engaging in intense physical activity. Sweating can cause the body to lose energy and nutrients, leading to feelings of fatigue and sluggishness.

4. How can I prevent excessive sweating?

To prevent excessive sweating, it is important to stay hydrated, avoid triggers such as spicy foods and caffeine, and use antiperspirants. In severe cases, medical treatments such as Botox injections or surgery may be recommended.

5. When should I seek medical advice for sweating, headaches, and sluggishness?

If you experience excessive sweating, frequent headaches, and persistent sluggishness, it is important to consult with a doctor. These symptoms could be signs of an underlying medical condition that requires treatment.