What is Quantum Entanglement and How Does it Relate to Immortality?

• Thread starter ThatGirlPilotCar
  • Start date
In summary, quantum entanglement is a phenomenon in which two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle can affect the state of the other, even at great distances. This concept has been studied extensively in the field of quantum mechanics and has implications in various areas, including communication and computing. Some scientists have proposed that quantum entanglement could potentially play a role in the quest for immortality, as it could potentially allow for the transfer of consciousness or information between entangled particles, leading to the possibility of preserving one's consciousness after death. However, this is still a highly debated and speculative topic in the scientific community.
ThatGirlPilotCar
How did you find PF?
I asked Duckduckgo what happens to an entangled particle if the other is destroyed? PF had answers to that exact question and I followed them here.
I took 2 semesters of physics with the focus on the planets, solar system, sun, stars... I love learning and contemplating different concepts. I believe quantum entanglement could be proof of immortality. ;)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums. :smile:

I don't know about the immortality bit, but Professor Leonard Susskind has given an excellent lecture series on Quantum Entanglement which you can follow if you have completed a semester of calculus. Here is a link to the first lecture .

Likes ThatGirlPilotCar