What is the best book for learning about electricity?

In summary, the speaker is looking for a good book on electricity and mentions the Robert Resnick book on special relativity as an example of a book that covers the topic thoroughly and comprehensively. They are looking for a similar book on electricity and provide a link to a syllabus for principles of electrical engineering. They also mention the Art of Electronics by Horowitz as a suggestion.
prashantgolu
can u please sugget me some good book for electricity .i want to have a thorough knowledge...eg robert resnick book in special relativity that book was awesome and gave the topic in best possible manner and also from very begiining to very end,...i want a similar book in case of electricity
http://docs.google.com/gview?pid=gm...d0749f87e808e5223d0e&a=bi&pagenumber=14&w=800
this is the lnk when under the heading principles of electrical engg the syllabus is given.please help me..thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org

I would recommend the book "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Charles K. Alexander and Matthew N.O. Sadiku. This book covers all the essential concepts and principles of electricity, from the basics to more advanced topics. It also includes practical examples and exercises to help improve understanding and application of the material. Additionally, the book "Electricity and Magnetism" by Edward M. Purcell and David J. Morin is another highly recommended resource for a thorough understanding of electricity. Both of these books are widely used in universities and have received positive reviews from students and experts in the field. I would also suggest checking out online resources such as Khan Academy and MIT OpenCourseWare for additional learning materials on electricity.

I would recommend "Principles of Electrical Engineering" by John G. Webster as a comprehensive and thorough book for learning about electricity. This book covers all the fundamental concepts and principles of electricity, from basic circuit analysis to advanced topics such as electromagnetism and power systems. It also includes practical examples and exercises to help reinforce the concepts learned. Additionally, "Electricity and Magnetism" by Edward M. Purcell and "Introduction to Electrodynamics" by David J. Griffiths are also highly recommended books for a thorough understanding of electricity. These books follow a similar approach to the one you mentioned for special relativity and provide a thorough and clear explanation of the topic. I hope these recommendations help in your quest for understanding electricity.

Related to What is the best book for learning about electricity?

What makes a book on electricity a good resource for learning?

A good book on electricity should have clear explanations and diagrams that make complex concepts easy to understand. It should also cover a range of topics, from basic principles to advanced applications, and provide real-world examples to help solidify understanding.

What should I look for when choosing a book on electricity?

When choosing a book on electricity, look for one that is well-reviewed and recommended by experts in the field. It should also have updated information and cover all the necessary topics for your level of understanding.

Are there any specific books on electricity that are considered the best?

There are many great books on electricity, but some popular choices among scientists include "Electricity and Magnetism" by Edward M. Purcell, "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Charles Alexander and Matthew Sadiku, and "Introduction to Electrodynamics" by David J. Griffiths.

Can a book on electricity be useful for both beginners and advanced learners?

Yes, a good book on electricity should cater to learners of all levels. It should have introductory chapters for beginners, but also cover more advanced topics for those with a deeper understanding of the subject.

Are there any books on electricity that also cover practical applications?

Many books on electricity include practical applications, such as "Practical Electronics for Inventors" by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk, or "Electrical Engineering: Principles and Applications" by Allan R. Hambley. It is important to choose a book that covers both theory and real-world applications for a well-rounded understanding of the subject.