What Makes You Calm and Happy? Take Our Poll Now!

• Thread starter jontyjashan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Poll
In summary, the conversation revolved around finding things that bring calmness and happiness. The responses included a cold beer, a cigarette, grilled animal, and music that encourages taking off clothes. However, the person admitting to not being happy or calm in a while and often tries to distract themselves from it. The thread was ultimately closed for not meeting the Philosophy Guidelines.
jontyjashan
What thing makes you calm and happy?
I am taking a poll
everyone answer please...

Physics news on Phys.org
A cold beer, a tasty cigarette, an animal sacrificed over a grill and music that encourages people to think taking their clothes off is a good idea. Considering that I haven't been happy or calm in a while the only one that is really important is the first item on my list. Even that can be more trouble than its worth. So I guess I'll go with... I don't know. I just do something else and try to forget about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread clearly doesn't meet the Philosophy Guidelines.

Thread closed.

FAQ: What Makes You Calm and Happy? Take Our Poll Now!

1. What is the relationship between relaxation and happiness?

Relaxation and happiness are closely intertwined. When we are relaxed, our body releases hormones that promote a sense of well-being and happiness. In turn, being happy can help us feel more relaxed and at peace.

2. Can certain activities or practices help promote calmness and happiness?

Yes, there are many activities and practices that can help promote calmness and happiness. This can include mindfulness meditation, yoga, exercising, spending time in nature, and engaging in hobbies or activities that bring joy and fulfillment.

3. Is there a scientific explanation for why some people are naturally more calm and happy than others?

While genetics and environmental factors may play a role, studies have shown that certain brain regions and neurotransmitters, such as the prefrontal cortex and serotonin, may contribute to a person's natural tendency towards calmness and happiness. However, these traits can also be learned and developed through various techniques and practices.

4. How can stress and negative emotions impact our ability to feel calm and happy?

Chronic stress and negative emotions can have detrimental effects on our physical and mental well-being, making it difficult to feel calm and happy. These emotions can create a constant state of tension and prevent us from fully experiencing positive emotions. Finding healthy ways to cope with stress and managing negative emotions can help promote calmness and happiness.

5. How important is self-care in maintaining a sense of calmness and happiness?

Self-care is crucial in maintaining a sense of calmness and happiness. Taking care of our physical, mental, and emotional needs allows us to recharge and better manage stress and negative emotions. It also helps promote self-awareness and self-compassion, which are essential components of overall well-being.