Where to Buy 24VDC Electric Motor up to 500 kg Load, 180 RPM, 1000Nm Torque

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a 24VDC Electric Motor that can handle a load of 500 kg at 180 rpm and a torque of 1000Nm. Suggestions are made to approach a manufacturer of golf carts or investigate aircraft servo mechanisms. It is mentioned that a 24VDC motor may not be able to handle the required power and a 480 VAC 3 phase motor or a 240 VDC motor may be more suitable. A potential option is also suggested to use electric car motors with a peak value of 18KW.
star00
Anyone know where will i be able to get a 24VDC Electric Motor [with or with gear reduction] that can take up to a maximum of 500 kg load at a maximum of 180 rpm at a maximum torque of 1000Nm?

Appreciate that someone can help.
Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
My first thought would be to approach a manufacturer of golf carts. I think that they're normally 48-volt, but there might be lighter ones available. You could also investigate aircraft servo mechanisms, many of which are 24-volt.

star00 said:
Anyone know where will i be able to get a 24VDC Electric Motor [with or with gear reduction] that can take up to a maximum of 500 kg load at a maximum of 180 rpm at a maximum torque of 1000Nm?

Appreciate that someone can help.
Thank you.

You are asking for an 18,000 watt [25 HP] motor. That is a 750 Amp motor! You aren't going to find that in 24 volts [at least, not that I've ever seen].

Normally we would use a 480 VAC 3 phase motor for an application like this.

It looks like you might be able to do this using 240 VDC, but you would still have to allow for losses.
http://www.romanoffindustries.com/catalog_DC_equipment/DC_motor/25hp/400rpm

You can get 18KW peak values from electric car motors.

I would suggest looking into specialized electric motor suppliers or manufacturers that specialize in industrial or heavy-duty motors. You may also want to consider reaching out to companies that specialize in electric motors for specific applications, such as forklifts or cranes, as they may have the specific motor you are looking for. Additionally, online marketplaces or forums for industrial equipment may also have listings for the motor you need. It is important to thoroughly research and compare different options to ensure you are getting the best quality and specifications for your specific needs.

FAQ: Where to Buy 24VDC Electric Motor up to 500 kg Load, 180 RPM, 1000Nm Torque

1. Where can I find a 24VDC electric motor with a load capacity of up to 500 kg?

You can find a 24VDC electric motor with a load capacity of up to 500 kg at most industrial supply stores or online retailers. You can also contact manufacturers directly to inquire about purchasing options.

2. Can I purchase a 24VDC electric motor with a higher load capacity?

Yes, you can find 24VDC electric motors with load capacities higher than 500 kg. However, it is important to make sure that the motor can handle the specific weight and torque requirements of your application.

3. What is the RPM of a 24VDC electric motor with a load capacity of 500 kg?

The RPM (revolutions per minute) of a 24VDC electric motor can vary depending on the specific model and manufacturer. However, a common RPM range for a motor with a load capacity of 500 kg is between 150-200 RPM.

4. How much torque can a 24VDC electric motor with a load capacity of 500 kg handle?

The torque capacity of a 24VDC electric motor with a load capacity of 500 kg can vary depending on the specific model and manufacturer. However, a motor with a load capacity of 500 kg can typically handle up to 1000Nm of torque.

5. Are there any additional features I should consider when purchasing a 24VDC electric motor with a load capacity of 500 kg?

Some additional features to consider when purchasing a 24VDC electric motor with a load capacity of 500 kg include the motor's overall size and weight, as well as its durability and efficiency. It is also important to consider the type of power supply and control system that will be compatible with the motor.