Who Else is a Wild Game Hunter on PF.com?

• Thread starter MotoH
  • Start date
In summary, this person hunts a variety of game, including deer, rabbit, ducks, geese, and turkey. They mention that they used to hunt, but they don't any more because it was too stressful.
MotoH
I know there has to atleast be a few of you out there! Who here hunts wild game?

I hunt large to small to avian to reptile. Anything that moves and is legal to eat and hunt, I'll try it. I mostly duck hunt and deer hunt, but I would like to get a shot at a moose and an elk at one point in time.

Might as well post up some pictures too if you've got any!
deer7.jpg

a 10 pointer I shot 2 years ago (havent gotten anything the past two seasons :frown: )

Anyways any other hunters out there or am I alone on this one?

Physics news on Phys.org
I used to go after just about everything and anything that walked on two legs.

Man: The most dangerous game

I hunt deer with a single-shot .45-70 rifle, and I fly-fish, tie all my own flies, and make my own fly-rods. I used to hunt upland-game birds off and on, though the loss of habitat as old farms have gotten over-grown in the past 40+ years have made grouse and pheasant scarce around here.

I hunt deer, rabbit, goose and turkey. Turkey is the most exciting for me, they are very smart birds. And like deer, you see hundreds of them..until opening day, when they vanish!

This year I got a doe, dressed out to 80 pounds of meat. I want to learn how to make smoked jerky, I have several failed tries. Any one got any hints for me?

Last edited:
In my hometown there were a lot of deer, so hunting was easy.

In the town I'm currently in there's no deer, only moose. Hunting moose is boring and exhausting all at once. So out of laziness, I don't really hunt anymore.

I like bow hunting deer. You need to get up and personal for most shots.

As a kid, my father hunted lots of different game and I loved eating them all. Quail and pheasant were my favorite but he also hunted squirrel, rabbit, ducks, geese, and dove.

I used to hunt years ago. Hunters in Michigan were just plain nuts and I got tired of having rifles aimed at me.

The rifle in your picture looks a lot like the 30-06 that I used to own then. My first deer was 200 yards from a free standing position. I aimed for the head and put it in one ear and right out the other. :devil:

FAQ: Who Else is a Wild Game Hunter on PF.com?

1. Who can be considered a wild game hunter on PF.com?

Anyone who actively participates in hunting wild game and is a member of the PF.com community can be considered a wild game hunter on PF.com. This includes both experienced and novice hunters from all over the world.

2. What types of wild game are commonly hunted on PF.com?

The most commonly hunted wild game on PF.com includes deer, elk, turkey, and waterfowl. However, members also hunt a variety of other game such as bear, moose, and small game like rabbits and squirrels.

3. Is there a specific hunting season for wild game on PF.com?

The hunting season for wild game varies depending on the location and species of game being hunted. It is important for hunters to check their local hunting regulations and follow ethical and legal guidelines when hunting on PF.com.

4. Are there any restrictions on the types of weapons used for wild game hunting on PF.com?

PF.com follows all state and federal laws regarding hunting and weapons. This includes restrictions on types of weapons and ammunition used for hunting certain species of wild game. It is important for hunters to educate themselves on these laws before participating in hunting on PF.com.

5. How can I connect with other wild game hunters on PF.com?

PF.com offers a community forum where hunters can connect with each other, share hunting experiences, and ask for advice or tips. There are also local chapters of PF.com that organize events and activities for members to connect and network with other wild game hunters in their area.