Random Thoughts 7

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
WWGD said:
Thanks, though sometimes they wont become functional after being plugged in, even after several hours.
I had several chargers stop working and had to buy new ones. I put the new wires on the old chargers as a test and they worked. Turned out the wires were bad.

Likes WWGD
Physics news on Phys.org
Ran again into my autistic friend who reacted hyper-literally to the chant " I wanna rock" at the Rock concert and almost took out the eye of the singer.

WWGD said:
Why does my phone charger stop working for a couple of days at a time and then go back to working normally?
Usually an intermittent cable from old age or misuse (usual place to break is the where the wire enters the USB connector, sometimes where it exits the charger).

An intermittent bad internal connection at the connector on the device being charged.

Occassionally a dirty USB connector.

If the cable is pluggable at both ends, first attempt would be to try a different cable.

Let us know what you find.

Cheers,
Tom

• Informative
Likes difalcojr and WWGD
PF staff and members at their best!
PF advisors.jpg

Likes docnet, collinsmark, gmax137 and 3 others
Whose turn was/is it to put up the screens? (It is still spring.) There have been an incredible number of "philosophers" buzzing around the forum lately; just my perception.

• Love
  • Haha
Likes nuuskur and Tom.G
Bystander said:
Whose turn was/is it to put up the screens? (It is still spring.) There have been an incredible number of "philosophers" buzzing around the forum lately; just my perception.

I said it for years: "they" always come in waves. Be it philosophers, crackpots, tri-sectionists, personal theories, whatever, but always in waves.

Likes Rive and Bystander
Weird complaint from a few years back , that I used to ask questions, walk out before they were fully answered, so the person answering the question was thought to be " off", because they were seen as talking to themselves when answering after I had left.

I still don't know just what is it that makes him/her larger than life.

Bystander said:
that's definitely happening

I revisit Underwood Dudley's "What to do when the trisector comes" from time to time.

Likes Klystron
I guess the whole neighborhood thought we are insane: running around in the garden with watering cans just before the storm hits in...

We said it's rain-dance. If you want rain, you need to water the plants first.
Everybody knows that, right?o0)
...though it was just the distribution of the slug-control bio-stuff.

We made some 2-3km runs each :doh:

When Montenegro became independent from Yugoslavia, its Internet extension went from .yu to .me.

Likes Klystron, collinsmark, BillTre and 3 others
M4.0, 4 hours ago, 10 km depth, ... doesn't sound to worry about, ... however, ...

NAPLES!​

So this guy shows up everyday wearing a helmet. To make conversation, I ask : "Ah, using your bike to come in?" He replies: " No, why?" My answer: ...............

It seems, for self-help books, any phrase will do as a title: " The strawberries aren't ripe yet" is as good as " I don't wear blue shoes", etc.

Likes jack action
Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 10.11.22 AM.png

Likes Klystron, WWGD and Ibix
BillTre said:
Majestically...
Like a hot air balloon?

Likes BillTre
Wow, sharp kid. Was overhearing a tutoring session in Chemistry at a coffee shop. Involving the periodic table. Kid asks " What's Periodic about the table"? I went to look it up myself.

Cameraman , carrying heavy camera is faster than runners:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes jack action
Screenshot_20240521_202001_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Likes WWGD, jack action, Bystander and 1 other person
WWGD said:
Wow, sharp kid. Was overhearing a tutoring session in Chemistry at a coffee shop. Involving the periodic table. Kid asks " What's Periodic about the table"? I went to look it up myself.
Not exactly sinusoidal, but this is an awesome graph!

1716355472816.png

Likes collinsmark and WWGD
I had a good idea where the conversation would lead when this guy made mention of his " Life coach". Unfortunately, it wasn't the name of a bus. I guessed right.

collinsmark said:
Here's a video. There's some crazy footage in this one.
It's interesting to see the towers lean toward the tornado with the atmosphere being drawn into the vortex.

Likes Klystron, pinball1970 and collinsmark
The pluses? The plan gives lifetime u limited access/use of ChatGpt for life for $39.99.

The minuses? Ill think everyone wearing dark glasses is out to kill me. Because I intend to squeeze every drop from it.

WWGD said:
The pluses? The plan gives lifetime u limited access/use of ChatGpt for life for $39.99.

The minuses? Ill think everyone wearing dark glasses is out to kill me. Because I intend to squeeze every drop from it.
No thanks! Too close to being a data-collection scheme.

Likes WWGD
The last time the same two teams met in the FA cup back to back was 1885 according to my source (not checked yet)
Nice to see the Manchester Bee on the pitch, a nice touch.
Hopefully City will not eviscerate us, they are totally capable.

pinball1970 said:
The last time the same two teams met in the FA cup back to back was 1885 according to my source (not checked yet)
Nice to see the Manchester Bee on the pitch, a nice touch.
Hopefully City will not eviscerate us, they are totally capable.

Congratulations!

• Love
Likes pinball1970
fresh_42 said:
Congratulations!
Very stressful to watch. Best part? All the Man City supporters in the pub hugged and shook hands with the red side at the end of the match.
Fantastic. Cheers fresh.

Likes fresh_42
fresh_42 said:
I said it for years: "they" always come in waves. Be it philosophers, crackpots, tri-sectionists, personal theories, whatever, but always in waves.
[bolding added] I had to reseach trisectionists. The rare times I encountered the term as a child I thought it meant a vivisectionist who cut bodies into thirds.

nuuskur said:
that's definitely happening

I revisit Underwood Dudley's "What to do when the trisector comes" from time to time.
Thanks for the explaination. As children of the "New Math" (1960s) we studied basic number theory, geometry, logic and sets in grammar school, much less Dudley's high school geometry. Adding two even numbers produces an even number.

I realized some adults had weird mathematical preoccupations but attributed that to poor nutrition during the Depression. Today I learned...

• Love
Likes nuuskur and fresh_42
pinball1970 said:
Very stressful to watch. Best part? All the Man City supporters in the pub hugged and shook hands with the red side at the end of the match.
Fantastic. Cheers fresh.
In other scores, 1 Paris, nothing Tolouse.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes Klystron and pinball1970
A new kind of cybercrime.
https://news.yahoo.com/news/burglary-ring-jams-wi-fi-120054956.html

A suspected international burglary ring is accused of using new high-tech devices to conduct surveillance on pricey houses. A police search of their car found cameras that had been camouflaged with leaves. Police say the hidden cameras were secretly positioned outside homes so that the suspects would know when the homeowners had left. In a related incident, authorities retrieved a Wi-Fi jammer used to knock out home security systems such as Ring cameras.

• Informative
Likes BillTre
Ok, his name was Golovkin, not Hublot. Just like " One way street" was not the name of the street.