Why was the forum sold to the Church of Scientology?

• Thread starter Silverbackman
  • Start date
In summary, the forum was sold to a religious organization founded on science fiction mythology. There are still a few loyal members, but the majority of the community is moving on.
You'll get your chance at Tom. I just heard he was going to moderate a new Psychology forum! :wink:

-Dan

Physics news on Phys.org
SPAM time...

topsquark said:
You'll get your chance at Tom. I just heard he was going to moderate a new Psychology forum! :wink:

-Dan

I had dinner with John Travolta just before he shot "Look Who's Talking" (with fellow Scientologist, Kristy Alley) in Vancouver (North Hollybush). Talk about spooky action! The guy has these x-ray eyes. Could be a Martian himself.

will this mean taht all teh threads SUPPORTING the big bang and relativity and other things which go against the church of scientology's teachings be deleted??

It is all yomamma's fault. By staff agreement we could no longer put up with his bs. We are bailing, you can have it. The crack pots have won.

Integral said:
It is all yomamma's fault. By staff agreement we could no longer put up with his bs. We are bailing, you can have it. The crack pots have won.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pengwuino said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You post more BS than me

Did anyone else read the remainder of the page? :rofl:

Wow, I actually managed to go an hour without even realizing there was a notice of sale link at the top of every page. I guess it needs to be in flashing neon for me to see it.

So this is what I get for moving into a new apartment the last three days and not checking in, eh? Staff decides to sell the place without asking or informing me?

It was my idea. I wanted your cut.

But Tom overruled me and took your cut instead. :frown:

Greg was just on Oraph. He seemed pretty excited about the sale. He also mentioned something about katie holmes having his baby. I'm not quite sure what that was about.

Attachments

• greg-oprah-jump.gif
    greg-oprah-jump.gif
    45.9 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
Despite what I think of Christian Science, the Christian Science Monitor is a relatively independent and highly respected periodical.

As a person with mental illness, though, I question Scientology's stance that I should be denied the medicines that have kept me alive for 27 years. Forced treatment is one thing, but overwhelmingly proven and voluntary medical pharmacology for the brain, as well as the body, is essential. I have yet to hear a respected life scientist argue effectively the Scientolgist's approach on the debate over psychology.

I hope the stance of the new owners of Physics Forums is as objective as the science it attempts to portray, and that they respect the privacy of its posters.

An April Fool's joke should be more subtle. :wink:

Hurkyl said:
It was my idea. I wanted your cut.

But Tom overruled me and took your cut instead. :frown:

This is sounding more and more serious. I'm beginning to get worried.

Arrgh! Here I thought I had made it through the day untouched!

It took me a few minutes to get, until I went to the parent directory, and realized that all of CNN's files were stored on PF...who knew?

The scientologists are more pervasive than you realized, eh?

OMG scott1 that was hilarious. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You might want to fix up the spelling a little though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone try http://search.cnn.com/pages/search.jsp?query=physicsforums.com ?

Last edited by a moderator:
If Tom cruise had bought PF, all of us had to take scientology courses! :uhh:(no need to accept forum guidlines anymore:cool:)

As a contributor I demand that Isaac Hayes return to South Park!

Dammit, Moonbear, you can't quit until you finish inventing that 'cure all diseases' pill. We have another deal on the table with Merck. Surely you did not think those avatars were free . . .

Last edited: