Where to buy 3.5mm & RCA female connectors

• Thread starter Wetmelon
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is looking for 6 3.5mm stereo female jacks and 2 RCA female jacks without any additional rubber or plastic components. They are seeking guidance on where to find these specific types of connectors and have been advised to search through alibaba.com. It is noted that completely bare jacks may not have a mechanism for physical mounting.
Wetmelon
NOTE: Originally posted on Tom's Hardware Forums. Double-posted here for better exposure.

I'm designing a little switch box to wire up a PS3's RCA cables into a 5.1 system that uses 3 3.5mm stereo inputs from my PC, but I'm having a hard time finding naked female connectors (i.e. Just the metal jack) - all the ones I can find have huge rubber or plastic things with stress relief. These are just going into a Radioshack project box, so I don't want that stuff.

I don't know enough about the different types to find what I'm looking for on Digikey, but if someone can point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.

Need:

6x 3.5mm stereo female "bare"
2x RCA female "bare"

Engineering news on Phys.org
alibaba.com has hundreds of 3.5 mm jacks, and RCA jacks also.

You'll have to look through them to find one that meets your needs.

A completely bare jack has nothing to attach to for physical mounting. When you push the male part in, what prevents the female jack from moving?

1. Where can I purchase 3.5mm and RCA female connectors?

3.5mm and RCA female connectors can be purchased at most electronic stores, including Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, and RadioShack. They can also be found online on websites such as Amazon and Newegg.

2. Are there any specific brands or types of 3.5mm and RCA female connectors that are recommended?

Some popular and reliable brands for 3.5mm and RCA female connectors include Monoprice, C2G, and Belkin. It is important to choose connectors that are compatible with your specific devices and have good reviews from other users.

3. What is the average cost of 3.5mm and RCA female connectors?

The cost of 3.5mm and RCA female connectors can vary depending on the brand, length, and quality. On average, they can range from $5 to $20. It is important to compare prices from different stores and websites to ensure you are getting the best deal.

4. Can I use 3.5mm and RCA female connectors for both audio and video connections?

Yes, 3.5mm and RCA female connectors can be used for both audio and video connections. However, it is important to make sure that the connectors are compatible with the devices you are using and that the quality of the connectors is suitable for both audio and video signals.

5. Are there any other options for connecting audio and video devices besides 3.5mm and RCA female connectors?

Yes, there are other options for connecting audio and video devices, such as HDMI, USB, and Bluetooth connections. The type of connection you choose will depend on the specific devices you are using and their compatibility. It is recommended to research and compare different options before making a purchase.