Can a Professional Program Manager Teach Themselves Physics Through Self-Study?

• Thread starter cancerman1
  • Start date
In summary, it is possible for a professional program manager to teach themselves physics through self-study. With dedication and access to resources such as textbooks and online courses, one can gain a solid understanding of physics principles and concepts. However, it may be a challenging and time-consuming process, and seeking guidance from a qualified instructor or joining a study group may be beneficial. Ultimately, the success of self-studying physics depends on the individual's motivation and learning style.
cancerman1
How did you find PF?
Google
Hey there,

I'm a professional program manager in IT and am interested in mechanical engineering. I've decided to use MIT Open Learning courses to construct a self study program. The concepts, while straight forward, are proving more difficult once I get to the applied problem (math) parts. Hoping to join this community to ask questions, give back, and build great relationships along the way!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF; it's good to have you here. :smile:

Likes cancerman1
cancerman1 said:
The concepts, while straight forward, are proving more difficult once I get to the applied problem (math) parts.
It's not so easy when you can't delegate the technical, geeky stuff!

:welcome: