Did I put this truth table in the k-map correctly?

This is why your answer is different each time. In summary, the person had a question about their K-map and the answer provided a simplified version using boolean theorems. The mistake in the K-map was identified and the correct answer was provided.
mr_coffee
Hello everyone, I need to you to check if i did this right, i did this k-map 3 different times and everytime i do it, i get a different answer. okay here is the picture:
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/109/lastscan3ga.jpg

also here it is at another location:
http://show.imagehosting.us/show/772450/0/nouser_772/T0_-1_772450.jpg
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
no, you have an error. you have two c' entries on thr map but only one in the original truth table.

so the 1's should be here:
right?>

You could simplify using boolean theorems to check your answer.

z= A'BC+AB'C+ABC'+ABC

The last term ABC, has at least two variables common in the other terms.

Z = A'BC+ABC+AB'C+ABC+ABC'+ABC
Z = BC(A'+A) + AC(B'+B) + AB(C'+C)
Z = BC + AC + AB

You have BC + AC' + ABThe mistake that you made in the K-map is that you have AB'C' instead of AB'C.

Last edited:

Related to Did I put this truth table in the k-map correctly?

What is a truth table?

A truth table is a table that displays all possible combinations of inputs and their corresponding outputs for a given logic circuit or statement. It is used to determine the truth values of a logical expression.

What is a K-map?

A K-map, also known as a Karnaugh map, is a graphical representation of a truth table. It is used to simplify boolean algebraic expressions and aid in the process of logic circuit design.

How do I know if I have put a truth table in the K-map correctly?

If all the minterms or maxterms are correctly placed in the K-map and you have correctly identified the grouping of adjacent squares, then you have put the truth table in the K-map correctly. You can also check your work by verifying that the simplified boolean expression matches the original expression from the truth table.

What are the possible mistakes I could make while putting a truth table in the K-map?

Some common mistakes while putting a truth table in the K-map include incorrectly identifying the grouping of adjacent squares, placing minterms or maxterms in the wrong cells, and not accounting for all possible combinations of inputs. It is important to double-check your work to avoid these errors.

Do I need to follow a specific order while filling the K-map?

While there is no specific order that you need to follow, it is recommended to fill the K-map in a systematic manner, such as from top to bottom and left to right. This will help you avoid missing any cells or making errors in grouping adjacent squares.