Export RevolutionPlot3D with transparent background

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter member 428835
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Transparent
In summary, the conversation discusses exporting a RevolutionPlot3D with a transparent background. After trying various methods, the conclusion is to export the plot with a white background and use an external program to remove it.
member 428835
Hi PF!

Given the following:

test = RevolutionPlot3D[t^4 - t^2, {t, 0, 1}, Background -> None]
Export["test.eps", Rasterize[test, Background -> None]]

The background is not transparent. Any idea how to do this? I've checked all over the internet, and nothing seems to work.

Thanks for the help!

Josh

Physics news on Phys.org
This isn’t something I have tried to do before, but I suspect that after the call to Rasterize there is no more background. Can you export the RevolutionPlot3D directly?

If not, maybe you can “green screen” the background and then edit that color out in an external program

Yea, turns out I just exported the images with white background and used an external program to remove it. Kinda a pain but it worked.

Related to Export RevolutionPlot3D with transparent background

1. How do I export a RevolutionPlot3D with a transparent background?

To export a RevolutionPlot3D with a transparent background, you can use the Export function and specify the format as PNG with the option "TransparentBackground->True". This will save the plot with a transparent background.

2. Can I export a RevolutionPlot3D with a transparent background in other formats?

Yes, you can export a RevolutionPlot3D with a transparent background in other formats such as GIF and TIFF. However, the option "TransparentBackground->True" may not work for all formats. It is recommended to use PNG for best results.

3. What if the option "TransparentBackground->True" is not working for my RevolutionPlot3D?

In some cases, the option "TransparentBackground->True" may not work for certain plots. You can try using the option "Background->None" instead, which will also create a transparent background for the plot.

4. Is there a way to adjust the opacity of the background in a RevolutionPlot3D?

Yes, you can adjust the opacity of the background in a RevolutionPlot3D by using the option "BackgroundOpacity" and specifying a value between 0 and 1. This will make the background more or less transparent.

5. Can I export a RevolutionPlot3D with a transparent background from a Mathematica notebook?

Yes, you can export a RevolutionPlot3D with a transparent background directly from a Mathematica notebook. Simply use the Export function and specify the notebook as the first argument, followed by the plot and the desired format with the transparent background option.